Re: Are third-party crosshairs allowed to use or will it get me banned?

by napalm51

Original Post

Are third-party crosshairs allowed to use or will it get me banned?

★★★ Novice

Honestly i can't see the vanilla reticle all to well in this game and i wish i could customize it like i do in overwatch (bolder and green in color) but unfortunately there is no setting for it. i'm wondering if i could use playclaw overlay (a custom reticle overlay) in apex or will i get banned for this???

Message 1 of 22 (19,066 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

EAC will not detect it because it is useless.

so...only if you get reported.

careful! they take it VERY seriously L U L

Message 2 of 22 (19,035 Views)

★★★ Novice
lmaooo that's so sad. reticle only helps relatively too, it ain't locking my aim to people's head automatically. shouldn't even be considered a bannable offense.

they should add customizable reticle like in overwatch imo.
Message 3 of 22 (19,027 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Third party is third party. I wouldn't risk it. If you really want to use it the best bet is to contact them directly and ask if they're okay. 

Message 4 of 22 (19,014 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It's a shame that custom crosshairs are not a built in feature. I usually prefer to have a striking pink crosshair in games like Counter Strike and Overwatch. But size/shape options should be put in too. And on a per weapon basis ideally.

Pink is not my favourite colour by the way. I neither know nor care why that pink haired lady was picked as my avatar. But at least it stands out, like my crosshair normally does.

Message 5 of 22 (19,003 Views)

★ Guide

I agree it's better asking to support. Also if this is really big issue for you some monitors has adding crosshair option. maybe not best crosshair out there but atleast its not 3rd party and safe to use because it's undetectable.

Message 6 of 22 (18,997 Views)

Hey @uwuthenation 

3rd Party software is against EA User agreement.

Using playclaw software could result in action taken towards you account.

Feel free to leave feedback on custom crosshairs.

I Don't think you are the only one that would like to see this feature in-game.

All feedback is passed to Respawn.

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 7 of 22 (18,954 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Playclaw is this application that does multiple things. What if these crosshairs are on screen due to it being a feature of the screen? People put stickers on their screens sometimes, I even saw one that was a low magnification lense you placed on the center of the screen. Another was small led red dot you can place on your screen,  USB powered by your console or pc. All that's not an issue right? 

Message 8 of 22 (18,942 Views)

★ Guide

I totally agree, there are few games I have ever played online/single player where the crosshairs are any good.

I don't understand why most of them are white/grey, all they end up doing is merging with the play area and making it impossible to really know where you are aiming.

Not very difficult to put in an option to change it to another colour you prefer and can see better and I don't consider it cheating in any way.

Especially when you are playing 3840 x 2160, the crosshair can be tiny.

I played Defence Grid recently and between the resolution and the crosshair colour I kept losing it and it made the game difficult to play and that is single player.

Message 9 of 22 (18,901 Views)

★★★ Novice
i really wish they added a setting where we can AT LEAST recolor the reticle. i'm playing on an asus gl552jx and i ended up sticking a black tape in the middle of my screen just so i can see the crosshair properly. it's downright pathetic. kappa
Message 10 of 22 (18,871 Views)