Re: Are there any plans for crossplay?

by BA2VGT

Original Post

★ Guide

@budzai wrote:
@BA2VGT"PC players made their own bed, now they can sleep in it."
What are you talking about console peasant?
Console players cheat too. Look around the net for proof. They quit the game too so they will not loose points.

Equating leaving a match early for points that results in a rank that NO ONE even cares about, and does not effect other players anyway  to aimbots, wallhacks, health hacks, speed hacks etc is a bad, bad joke. 

Seriously, I could not give a crap less if you leave early and get some rank badge.  It doesn't stop me from getting the badge (if I had any desire at all, even remotely, which I do not) and doesn't effect my game in any way. 

There are no hacks on console.  It's the most level playing field out there, and there's no need to inject PC poison into the console world. 

Message 11 of 24 (480 Views)

@Btethanb How about no? It's not even something they should consider. Microsoft has done studies on this. every single time it shows the exact same thing, PC players have a huge advantage. They put the very best console players up against mediocre mouse and keyboard players. It was not even close, the mouse and keyboard players destroyed the controller players every time. It's completely different aiming set ups. You have hot keys on a keyboard and can assign dozens of keys to various tasks. Where as you're sort of limited on a controller. You're even more so limited because you must hold the controller so you can't have every finger on a different button.

There is a lot as to why, but this is just a bad idea. Any game that is attempting this is giving the console players aim assist OR they are trying to keep mouse and keyboard players in separate lobbies.

But if you want a good example of why this is a bad idea. Go try and play BFV.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 24 (459 Views)

@EA_Blueberry I think you or someone might want to step in here. Someone is getting a bit out of line.

Message 13 of 24 (455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@NitromethaneAP wrote:

[Removed - CM]

And yet...more people play on console on most FPS games.   Battlefield was 5/3/1 PS4,/xb/PC last I checked (no Apex data available).  And there is daily, constant bitching about the massive cheating problems that go on and on and on .

There's a video from one of the famous steamers about BF1, doing a calculation that makes it plausible that there hasn't been a single game (not a single server, a single GAME) of BF1 on PC ever played without someone cheating to some extent.  That's pretty telling. 

And your entire synopsis is BS.  ITempPlays (and dozens of others) proved this by not only going on PC and wiping the floor with the masterrace...but doing it with a controller.

Talent floats to the top, and theres a huge skill gap on console just like PC.  Comparing aim assist to aim hacks is a complete joke, it's not remotely similar. 

I'd say it's more likely  the other way around, the people crying for cross play because their "friends" on console can't play with them don't have the skills or patience to learn how to perform the MUCH more difficult task of gaming with a controller.

Message 14 of 24 (448 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Btethanb I hope they add it. For all of you console players complaining about it, the lobbies would be separate. Controller players wouldn't have to worry about playing against keyboard and mouse users, stop being dense.
Message 15 of 24 (443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@BA2VGT 

Not true, in every study there was the so called best console players always lost to mediocre PC players. Now if you add the difference between the input / delay and screen + input devices, we are playing in two different leagues. The skill cap in Console gaming is very flat, due to limitations both in TV + input + old hardware + obsolete controllers and ontop of that you have aim assist, thats why you see the best players on PC. I started with consoles, commodore 64, Atari etc - but when I saw the power in PC gaming (when PC computers came out), I just can't go back to limiting myself in every way possible.

And I think we are agreeing with each other, right? Only way I could see PC and consoles ever facing each other was the new game mode :

They could release a new game mode, with one PC player vs a squad of 20 console players - call it "Predator vs Peasent´s"

Message 16 of 24 (435 Views)

@BA2VGT If you think there is no cheating on console I think you're mistaken. Some of these players seem to know exactly where you are without a bloodhound scan and without having a drone up.

Message 17 of 24 (418 Views)

★ Guide

@NitromethaneAP wrote:

@BA2VGT 

Not true, in every study there was the so called best console players always lost to mediocre PC players. Now if you add the difference between the input / delay and screen + input devices, we are playing in two different leagues. The skill cap in Console gaming is very flat, due to limitations both in TV + input + old hardware + obsolete controllers and ontop of that you have aim assist, thats why you see the best players on PC. I started with consoles, commodore 64, Atari etc - but when I saw the power in PC gaming (when PC computers came out), I just can't go back to limiting myself in every way possible.

And I think we are agreeing with each other, right? Only way I could see PC and consoles ever facing each other was the new game mode :

They could release a new game mode, with one PC player vs a squad of 20 console players - call it "Predator vs Peasent´s"

I would like to see this "study" but in general I would agree that if you put average skill PC players against "good" console players the control scheme would still give them an advantage.  However, no way would the top controller users have a problem going into the average PUG server with PC players on M&K.   Like I said...go Google search it on ITempPlays YouTube channel.  He did it...and he still won. 

The entire difference however is the controller input.  There is no higher or lower skill set on console vs PC.  I've played a LOT of PC gaming and a LOT of console gaming over the years...and there is no difference. I still fall in the top 20~ percentile range of "skill" regardless of the platform (backed up by the available metrics like old school Battlelog etc). I saw no noticable change in skill or difficulty going from BF3 PC to BF4 X360/PS4.  On both I still had the same percentage rankings, and on 9/10 maps was in the top 5 for points, kills, etc on the leaderboard.  Same thing on COD,  Overwatch, etc etc etc. What I did see was a complete elimination of hacks and a far larger server/user base to play with.  No more getting online to see 3-4 servers playing the same map and game mode with no openings. 

I will agree it would be a bloodbath if they mix controller/mouse input and put average players against average players.  But I have no doubt I could plug in the old PC, set the graphics to 1080p low, and do just as well on PC Apex as I did with every other PC game I ever played.  And I would get just as pissed with the que wait times and (far more important) absolutely rampant cheating. 

Message 18 of 24 (407 Views)

★ Guide

@DarthValtrex wrote:
@BA2VGTIf you think there is no cheating on console I think you're mistaken. Some of these players seem to know exactly where you are without a bloodhound scan and without having a drone up.

There is no cheating on console. Neither system (xb/PS4) can be hacked while online.  It will nearly instaban the hardware itself and you will never get the unit back online This is the primary advantage of console (among several).  The trade off to this is you must pay to use their online service. 

Find a single youtube video of any current FPS with hacks, showing how it works etc.  You can find a thousand in about 2 seconds for PC. Quite literally the only videos showing "console" hacks have been proven to be showing gameplay on PC, and all link to virus install files vs a real hack.   There's just no way to access the current gen console systems and cheat while they are online. 

The only cheating is, and it's debatable if it's a cheat, the xim/adapter crowd that uses mouse. 

Message 19 of 24 (404 Views)

★★ Guide

Too many hackers and cheerers but on console you have too many campers. So what's worse

Message 20 of 24 (304 Views)