Re: Are the spore servers still up in 2020?

by martamydea362

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Are the spore servers still up in 2021?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

DISCLAIMER: Unfortunately steam has removed the feature to access cd keys for average users. I don't know if there is a fix to this if there is steam support will know so ask them.

Someone has said the same thing on another post, yes they are up. 

Here is how to login/register to spore

Type into Google "Origin client download" and then download and install.

Then go back to steam and right-click on Spore to get the CD key/keys.

Then log in to Origin and redeem these CD code/codes.

Then make spore account using your Origin login details. (You must use your origin details or it will not work.)

Voila, you have made a spore account.

You still launch the game from steam, just use your origin to register.

(CM: Thread title updated to adjust the year)

Message 1 of 39 (49,376 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Are the spore servers still up in 2021?

Message 35 of 39 (37,519 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Not to mention instead of logging in with Origin's login, I had to register, and use the Origin login and pick a username for Spore servers. I don't use steam or anything, but I had the same issue, and I just didn't know what I was doing and had to figure it out.

Message 2 of 39 (49,326 Views)

★★★ Novice

I ended up contacting EA about this and they emailed me stating that all support has ended for this pruduct and I will never be able to log in and access the online content.

Message 3 of 39 (49,263 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@kittyhazklaws Spore servers are still up. Please, check SPORE.COM
Message 4 of 39 (49,256 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KingofKings3666 Jan 2021, I just bought a new copy of the game from Origin PC app (because I paid for the EA Play subscription so Spore is "free" through that service) and started up the game, it simply will not let me register the game at all, login screen won't take my credentials it just keeps saying there is a generic problem with the network. Seem like some aspects of the original service are still available to legacy players but new players get the cold shoulder now.
Message 5 of 39 (49,552 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DrGangreene you need to BUY spore.
Message 6 of 39 (49,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@sandyjam_s In the EA Origin app if you pay for the monthly subscription for either the EA PlayPass or the premium pass, full-version SPORE (just the base game) is included in the list of "vault games" for those subscribers to play. I don't have access to the DLC unless I decide to pay for it, but the base game is part of the EA Play subscription service (at least for now; I hear the list of games changes from time to time)
Message 7 of 39 (49,520 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DrGangreene You didn't get Serial key, so you DID not buy Spore.
Message 8 of 39 (49,500 Views)

★★★ Novice

It should work if you get Spore through Origin. Get Origin, https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download and right click on your Spore (on steam), Hover over Manage and click CD keys. Copy and paste that in your Origin library after going to Add a Game (by code) and, if no errors happen, you now should be able to log into Spore, whether launching it with or without Steam. You have to do this with Core Spore and the DLC.

Message 9 of 39 (49,465 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so do i just call, what would you recommend as the best action to get that done 

Message 10 of 39 (49,367 Views)