Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Are the spore servers still up in 2020?

by DrGangreene

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@KingofKings3666 Jan 2021, I just bought a new copy of the game from Origin PC app (because I paid for the EA Play subscription so Spore is "free" through that service) and started up the game, it simply will not let me register the game at all, login screen won't take my credentials it just keeps saying there is a generic problem with the network. Seem like some aspects of the original service are still available to legacy players but new players get the cold shoulder now.
Message 51 of 61 (742 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DrGangreene you need to BUY spore.
Message 52 of 61 (729 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@SPORE-SandyJam In the EA Origin app if you pay for the monthly subscription for either the EA PlayPass or the premium pass, full-version SPORE (just the base game) is included in the list of "vault games" for those subscribers to play. I don't have access to the DLC unless I decide to pay for it, but the base game is part of the EA Play subscription service (at least for now; I hear the list of games changes from time to time)
Message 53 of 61 (712 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DrGangreene You didn't get Serial key, so you DID not buy Spore.
Message 54 of 61 (693 Views)

★★★ Novice

It should work if you get Spore through Origin. Get Origin, https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download and right click on your Spore (on steam), Hover over Manage and click CD keys. Copy and paste that in your Origin library after going to Add a Game (by code) and, if no errors happen, you now should be able to log into Spore, whether launching it with or without Steam. You have to do this with Core Spore and the DLC.

Message 55 of 61 (659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so do i just call, what would you recommend as the best action to get that done 

Message 56 of 61 (557 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Tasaar I cant I have it through steam
Message 57 of 61 (528 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ItsJustMeDJ thanks so much man i really apricate you
Message 58 of 61 (527 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i just got the game with EA play through my xbox game pass for PC , it wont connect to the servers? i cant find anything online about the server status either.

Message 59 of 61 (131 Views)

★ Guide

Subscriptions do not seem to get access to servers for EA games. Only those who purchase the game can use online features.

You can try to see if EA Support will give you a serial code to register (which is what controls whether you can access the servers), but this is not guaranteed.

You will likely get an unusual error in Spore, either that it can't connect, or that network play is disabled. The game can still be played offline, but you will not be able to register a Spore screen name to use online features.

Message 60 of 61 (125 Views)
Twitter Stream