Re: Are the spore servers still up in 2020?

by sammyfroge

Original Post

★★ Novice
@AbC9340a4931526 I can't log into Spore servers so I started a chat with EA support. The guy said "I checked with my team and Spore is a sunset game so the online services are no longer available."
Seems weird since this post has people who can log in?
Message 41 of 46 (1,402 Views)

★★ Novice
@Akaranda SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME WHICH I DIDN'T SEE ANYWHERE ELSE:
Adding the keys to origin didn't help, and EA support (3 different employees) couldn't help. I couldn't log into spore.com so I knew there was something messed up with my specific Spore account which probably already existed.
So I changed my Origin email address to another gmail account and then went through the registration/login steps when launching Spore and it worked right away! Didn't even have to wait for things to propagate. Hope this helps someone. The Spore servers are still online despite what EA will tell you.
Message 42 of 46 (1,389 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It still won't work

Message 43 of 46 (1,368 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I made a guide on Steam on how to do this five years ago which should still work for anyone who is having trouble (primarily Steam users, but probably Origin too): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=582350678

Message 44 of 46 (1,240 Views)

★★★ Novice

I used this method yesterday and it works perfectly.

Make sure you follow it step by step - changing the password to one that doesn’t have symbols too, and making sure you are on the right window when you’re in-game and don’t forget to add a screen name.

Message 45 of 46 (1,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Are u using steam? If so make sure you redeem your key codes through your ea account. I didn’t do this one step and the same message of the server and my internet being down came up every time. 

Message 46 of 46 (1,221 Views)