Re: Are the spore servers still up in 2020?

by TSSB92

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Just went through EA support, two levels, no ability to login to Spore.  They tried getting me to reinstall a fresh install, repair a fresh install, then suggested I boot into safe mode and reinstall.

This seems to be a server-side issue, nothing wrong with our installs.  Same trouble in both Steam and Origin launched games.

Message 31 of 46 (2,297 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What a complete and utter joke. Shouldn't have to contact customer support just to play the game I paid for. 

Message 32 of 46 (2,295 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Because origin is garbage and if it's being sold on steam it should work on steam without any extra * added in because EA can't get off their lazy worthless *.

Message 33 of 46 (2,296 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tengo el mismo problema 

Message 34 of 46 (2,288 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the game is 12 years old

Message 35 of 46 (2,214 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
Message 36 of 46 (2,150 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't think it can be my cracked version of the game.

Message 37 of 46 (2,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What... so that means I have to contact the EA SUPPORT TEAM. for my kind of  STEAM spore.
Bullcrap, I'm having this problem for like a day or two and I'm trying to login with my newly account. but I can't because it says that there was an error try again.
I don't know what to do and I don't want to download origin like 2016 post.
So now I'm deciding on what to do if I first just go ahead and contact them or I have to freaking play offline forever.
which sucks because I had the game like a long time and I used to have the CD but I think I broken it. Whatever I just installed it for nostalgia purposes and hopefully I can get this fixed soon

Message 38 of 46 (1,818 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PhoenixXCrusader Either I play Offline or Contact EA Support.
whatever I'll see what the EA Support is like.
Message 39 of 46 (1,817 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Get the CD key from steam and download Origin. Login to Origin with ur EA account and redeem the CD key. Open spore through steam and make a spore account with the same email and password as EA account. And yes the spore servers are still up in 2020.

Message 40 of 46 (1,755 Views)