Are ranked queue tines long for everybody?

by blkarmphoenix

Original Post

Are ranked queue tines long for everybody?

★★★ Guide

PC specifically. 

I never messed with ranked while putting my first couple hundred hours in. Lately I've been wanting to grind it out though, and have a rough time finding games.  

Currently at Gold4, and it takes a solid 2-3 minutes to connect to a ranked match (US servers,  peak times though I've tried pretty much all times of day with similar results.)

My current operating theory is that this late in the season everybody playing ranked is far enough above the bracket I'm in that games are difficult to put together? Can anyone weigh in on this? 

Message 1 of 16 (2,764 Views)

Re: Are ranked queue tines long for everybody?

★★ Expert
@blkarmphoenix it is prime time so it's odd to have slow queue times. I myself don't have any slow times.

I'm on xbox though.
Message 2 of 16 (2,746 Views)

★★★ Guide
@iBlockHead I never have an issue with casual. Instant game every time I hit ready. Switch to ranked though and I feel like I spend more time examining the loadout screens than playing the game
Message 3 of 16 (2,736 Views)

@blkarmphoenix Are you on US servers?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 16 (2,718 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DarthValtrex Yes sir
Message 5 of 16 (2,716 Views)

★★ Pro
@blkarmphoenix If you solo, probably because the server trying to match you with people who solos aswell or even -1 squad. Since people tend to have a full pre-made squad for ranked match, maybe that's why the queue time is long.
Message 6 of 16 (2,710 Views)

@blkarmphoenix What rank? Platinum wait times are not terrible

Message 7 of 16 (2,704 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes. Very slow. Slower than Rainbow.

Message 8 of 16 (2,650 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Okay Valtrex, you must’ve been drunk or preoccupied XD. First you ask if the OP was on US servers and then which rank, both of those bits of info was in initial post! I even look if the OP was edited before I wrote this XD.

@blkarmphoenix, when I was still playing apex and did ranked I had the same. During prime time here tho it wasn’t 3/4 mins but more like 1 minute when I was in gold(started from bronze this season).

You gotta know, most did ranked way in the beginning so now you’re with ppl who got the game late or just didnt want to play with all those different skill ranks all at once. But as valtrex stated, once you get to platinum, it should be faster.
Message 9 of 16 (2,640 Views)

@Koochi-Q Preoccupied... 2-3 minutes is not very long for a ranked match, wait until you reach a higher rank.

Message 10 of 16 (2,598 Views)