Are multiple accounts allowed in one IP address and one computer?

by TragedyPlays

Original Post

Highlighted

Are multiple accounts allowed in one IP address and one computer?

★★★ Newbie

Is having multiple accounts on one IP address or one computer allowed in Apex Legends? I've been hearing rumours about people getting banned because of having multiple accounts. With that, I feel worried about those who play in cyber cafes in my country, does it mean that we are not gonna be able to play on such computers or are the rumours a hoax?

Message 1 of 5 (4,740 Views)

Re: Are multiple accounts allowed in one IP address and one computer?

Heya @TragedyPlays!

Having multiple accounts is completely fine and you shouldn't get banned for it.
As long as you don't Rig match outcome and stay away from cheats your completely fine Wink 

The reason people get banned sometimes in internet cafe's in because someone installed cheats on that PC and got flagged with the result that the PC is HWID banned.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 5 (4,704 Views)

★ Novice

@Zeelmaekers I too had the same issue. I was playing in my cybercafe and suddenly I got kicked from match. After that I got a notice saying that " your client account has been banned:banned". What should I do? I own the cybercafe. I guess one of my customers had probably installed hacks.Should I change the whole pc which was flagged as hwid banned?

Message 3 of 5 (4,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Zeelmaekers I know this thread is quite old but I do have a question, say I have 2 accounts 1 main and one secondary, if the secondary one is stolen (presumably to be sold to someone to cheat on) and gets banned would that be a ban for that specific IP or would it also ban the IP that I am on since my IP would be the first to have used the account.

Message 4 of 5 (2,963 Views)

Hey @C4NTB3F00L3D 

Good question!
I'm not really sure but even in that case you should be able to appeal your ban and get anything actions lifted Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 5 of 5 (2,945 Views)