Re: Are any Free To Play plant players making Ultimate League

by Dave058182

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am ultimate but mostly because of my OP zombie decks especially with rustbolt who can just spam alle the mentioned combos. 

In the 40s I was kinda bored of my zombie decks and started to try to beat those combos. I found one deck with rose which is pretty powerful. I also have a green shadow starfruit deck, a knuckles curcumber Banano Saurus deck and a citron deck which are above average I would say. You win more than you loose if you play smart but it’s still super hard against some combos. So what I am trying to say is that rose is now the only hero which can constantly win against all these op zombie combos. Please convince me of the opposite. 

Message 11 of 24 (558 Views)

★ Guide
In the last two weeks I have seen about 25% drop off in the abusive combos discussed. So I'm only running into it 75% of the time now.

But here's the thing. When I somehow luckily draw the cards I need, and they don't, and I turn the tide on them, and they BABY RAGE out of the game (somtimes with 10+ health) I laugh and laugh and laugh. It's quite satisfying. But also quite rare.
Message 12 of 24 (544 Views)

★ Guide

Agreed. I fought this guy earlier and he completely destroyed me with 2 stompadons and heaps of going virals.

Ran into him again just now. The fight ended as early as round 5 (he ragequit).

Message 13 of 24 (536 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yeah I just made Ultimate with a mushroom deck. But it was a grind. Harder than ever. And there was all hell of QuickDraw conman swarms. Or legendary gladiator with history buff. Zomblog with multiple brain bumps and then bonus attacks. Viral stompadon swarms. I don’t have a ton of legendary cards and made a few mistakes or caught ugly luck usually right in 4/5 matches about to level up. I don’t mind a challenge but zombies have a ton of highly efficient cards nowadays. And Often there’s no way to catch up when they jump out ahead. Shrug.
Message 14 of 24 (532 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Here’s what I used. I’d welcome any tweaks based on the cards I’ve got.
Message 15 of 24 (532 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Last one.

Only a few legendary. And not multiples of them so it makes it tricky. Relying on luck instead of multiple draws. But the grind can be fun. I just hate when it feels futile.
Message 16 of 24 (532 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@shankylanks Congratulations on making it with plants this season! No small great when your not working with all the cards.
@PRIMECUTS didn't I try to tell you that once you found a deck that can stand up to the new zombies, how rewarding it was too watch them rage quit when you doing their well paid for plans? Awesome job!
Message 17 of 24 (489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The deck I’ve used from 40 to 50. Pretty strong,pretty expensive and pretty self explaining.

Message 18 of 24 (470 Views)

★★ Pro
So the new season just started, so just asking this question of whether or not it happened....or makes any difference??.....
Message 19 of 24 (391 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, no, the new season just brought back all the players who got bored after they topped out with easy wins.  It's pretty ugly, an oxymoron but hey.  I'm pretty much at 50/50 win/loss which hey maybe means the game is balanced, but I see many zombie players who I faced the day before have gone up 3-5 ranks.  I have to assume its intentional on the design side that you really have to pay to win if you want to be competitive at the highest level. Sensible from their standpoint but its galling to see the same deck six or seven times and know it really takes little strategy to win with it.  Shrug.  Maybe the proposed nerfs will make the difference.  I dunno.

Message 20 of 24 (373 Views)