Arc Hyperion end game gigantic plot hole *spoilers*

by Pixeldance

Original Post

Re: Arc Hyperion end game gigantic plot hole *spoilers*

★★★★★ Guide

@fudgietroll wrote:

@arthurh3535 wrote:

What? Only good guys are able to sneak aboard an enemy ship and hijack it?

Why sneak when you have a big fleet and an army of expendables?

Your real target might escape or be killed. That would kind of suck to "win the battle, lose the war".

Message 11 of 20 (1,603 Views)

★ Pro

@arthurh3535 wrote:

@fudgietroll wrote:

@arthurh3535 wrote:

What? Only good guys are able to sneak aboard an enemy ship and hijack it?

Why sneak when you have a big fleet and an army of expendables?

Your real target might escape or be killed. That would kind of suck to "win the battle, lose the war".

Yeah, but based on the twin mission he decided to risk itStandard smile

Message 12 of 20 (1,601 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@fudgietroll wrote:

With a sneak attack, catching the Nexus with their pants around their ankles. Raised eyebrow

Message 13 of 20 (1,599 Views)

★ Pro

@arthurh3535 wrote:

@fudgietroll wrote:

With a sneak attack, catching the Nexus with their pants around their ankles. Raised eyebrow

"As per the council's directive 37 all drawers must be worn at least 3 inches below the knee. Also, fire those two idiots who keep talking about enemies on the sensors. What do they think this is, a Pearl Harbor movie? And no I will not look out the window. They are purely decorative, and there is nothing special to see. Now get back to work."Police officer

Message 14 of 20 (1,587 Views)

★ Pro

It is indeed not explained at all.

But as far as theorycrafting goes it is not that hard.

Only objective was to capture Ryder sibling, a smallish strike team could approach relatively stealthy towards that goal. As to why the Kett have not invaded the entire Nexus, it is not their goal to destroy us, they want to "kettify" us. Full on direct assault would not achieve that, Nexus would fight to the last man. At end game even more so knowing what the Kett do to captives.

Message 15 of 20 (1,576 Views)

★ Pro

Personally, I figure that he'll make sure he gets SAM and Ryder twin, but he'll make a play for the whole Nexus just in case he can take it with a blitzkrieg. Hopefully, at some point we'll get some missions with APEX and the other Pathfinders repelling boarders from the station.

Just as a thought, given how big and beat up the Nexus is, there may be groups of Kett still on board we will have to deal with later

Message 16 of 20 (1,566 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

considering what happened when you first docked. i don't find it surprising that they missed the archon showing up.

Message 17 of 20 (1,542 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@ADM-Ntek wrote:

considering what happened when you first docked. i don't find it surprising that they missed the archon showing up.

And the false alerts that scrambled systems give them. Vetra was quite amused when everyone scrambled like headless chickens on a false positive and launched all the fighters in fifteen minutes.

Fifteen minutes without any warning though? You are pretty hosed if you have good intelligence on where the bridge, engine room and SAM is located. You can easily take over and hijack the ship.

Message 18 of 20 (1,540 Views)

★ Pro

Ok, it wasn't brilliant writing to just pop that in there. It does feel like a crutch to make the plot work.

What bothers me more about this is how the Kett just leave the Nexus in one piece. Sure, they want to make new little Kett soldiers but at the same time the Archon is hell bent on destroying the entire cluster. If I'd been the Archon I would've at least left some ships behind to commandeer the whole thing if not destroy it.

Message 19 of 20 (1,534 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EgoMania wrote:

Ok, it wasn't brilliant writing to just pop that in there. It does feel like a crutch to make the plot work.

What bothers me more about this is how the Kett just leave the Nexus in one piece. Sure, they want to make new little Kett soldiers but at the same time the Archon is hell bent on destroying the entire cluster. If I'd been the Archon I would've at least left some ships behind to commandeer the whole thing if not destroy it.

This is not true. He's willing to destroy the cluster to force people to submit to exaltation.

Message 20 of 20 (1,532 Views)