Arc Hyperion end game gigantic plot hole *spoilers*

by Pixeldance

Original Post

Arc Hyperion end game gigantic plot hole *spoilers*

★★ Guide

This was a big wrench in the story for me.

Spoiler
How does the Archon manage to get control of the Arc? 
There's not one mention of Kett fighting with Nexus security.  SAM didn't even realize the Arc was under attack until the Archon was playing with his holo presence, so presumably there was no alarm raised on the Hyperion. 

Did the Nexus just do nothing when they noticed the Hyperion just free itself from it's docking clamps and go off for a stroll surrounded by a swarm of Kett ships? 

If the Kett have the technology to just go show up at the Nexus at any time and steal an ARC without anyone lifting a finger, they would have dealt with the milky way invasion long before the human arc ever showed up.

Message 1 of 20 (2,229 Views)

Re: Arc Hyperion end game gigantic plot hole *spoilers*

★★★ Pro

Yup agreed that the writing's not fantastic...

Message 2 of 20 (2,202 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, i admit at that part of the game my reaction was something like "wut, how did the archon manage that all of a sudden without any pre warning"

Message 3 of 20 (2,184 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Isn't it obvious?

Space Magic!

We should be used to it by now. XD

Message 4 of 20 (2,175 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hm, similar to the way we sneaked to his ship when saving the Salarian ark?

As far as I could perceive, the Archon learned with every step taken, about everything he laid hands on. Nexus location was supposed to be unknown, rendering it temporarily protected from his sudden appearances (which wasn't the first time, given he traced and tracked us in hyperspace travel when going to Aya), but one he had that information from the Salarian Ark, he would attack the Nexus sooner or later. Knowing how SAM worked as well would give him an edge as not to make his presence really known until he had some control over the situation.

But that's just speculation. It might be then that the whole thing wasn't very well thought in the end.

Message 5 of 20 (2,171 Views)

★ Pro

I always figured that the Archon found the Nexus the same way the Empire found the rebel base in Star Wars IV A New Hope, after we did the Archon's Ship mission.

It did seem like we should have had some repel borders APEX missions, though, when the Kett did their raid

Message 6 of 20 (2,016 Views)

★ Apprentice

I would imagine the Archon got a great deal of information about the Nexus while aboard the Salarian Ark. 

Spoiler

Especially if you do the side quest that shows that a Salarian was actively betraying the Ark/feeding the Kett information about the Nexus.

Still a lot of stupid Space Magic that happens with that section of the game though.

Message 7 of 20 (1,994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The Archon has the entire ark layout on hand, its specifications, and full knowledge of its procedures. He got all this from the Salarian Ark's archives. He also has all of Ryder's access commands and privileges attached to it from the memory scan. On top of this, he can directly interface with the SAM implant in the Twin.

All he had to do was dock with the Ark, walk on board and countermand sam control manually (Kettually?) by unplugging Ryder from the system and "plugging in" the twin. He then has full control of the Ark's systems, except for those above Ryders clearance (hence he could not eject the cryo-pods and no alarm was raised). As Pathfinder, Ryder can and does countermand Andromeda directives all the time. This is how he could disengage the Human Ark, but not control the station or any of its systems (pathfinder command is limited to his/her ark only).

Did I miss anything?

Message 8 of 20 (1,985 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

What? Only good guys are able to sneak aboard an enemy ship and hijack it?

Message 9 of 20 (1,979 Views)

★ Pro

@arthurh3535 wrote:

What? Only good guys are able to sneak aboard an enemy ship and hijack it?

Why sneak when you have a big fleet and an army of expendables?

Message 10 of 20 (1,962 Views)