Re: April Update?

by TAW_Rinko

Original Post

★★ Expert

can not wait for DICE to tell us the "April-Patch" will be split in two parts. the first just gives next to nothing in terms of any issue that needs addressing, but gives us a lot of skins for the bolte to buy in the shop. the second part will be delayed until late May, which will then be delayed to "early summer" as part of the Season 1 launch.

only to then come out and say, "yeah we are so so sorry but 2042 will be dropped by the studio, we are all oh so sad, here is a pre-order code for the next game be sure to buy it today so we can be lazy again"

Message 11 of 129 (4,381 Views)

EA DICE Team

Just posted this in another thread, but will leave it here as well.

The next will be considerable (April), and we're currently looking at a few hundred changes. It's mostly bug fixes, but we're also looking to make further changes to for example vehicle balance and the current behavior of attachments for weapons. 

We'll provide more details on what exactly is in the update closer to its release date via a full set of update notes. I know you would like to know more now, so I want to clarify that I'm not trying to tease you by being vague - I'm simply still compiling the full list of changes for you all because it's a lot.

Edit: the update will also contain the End of Round Scoreboard functionality, and VoIP. I think this is known info, but want to share it again for those who missed it.

Message 12 of 129 (4,353 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Straatford87 I gave you more XP for this reply.

I think everyone understands that you can't be specific until everything is tested and ready for the master build. So generalities are acceptable. One of the biggest concerns/questions is in regards to a Server Browser for AOW. MM is killing us and players are leaving in droves due to it. So adding a SB and persistent servers/lobbies will bring a lot of players back. Per source.
Message 13 of 129 (4,329 Views)

★★ Novice

what about performance related news? Should we expect something?

Message 14 of 129 (4,228 Views)

★★ Expert
@BurningBarbecue "It's always being worked on, but we have nothing specific to announce." - DICE, probably.
Message 15 of 129 (4,223 Views)

★ Expert

@Straatford87 wrote:

The next will be considerable (April), and we're currently looking at a few hundred changes. It's mostly bug fixes, but we're also looking to make further changes to for example vehicle balance and the current behavior of attachments for weapons. 

We'll provide more details on what exactly is in the update closer to its release date via a full set of update notes. I know you would like to know more now, so I want to clarify that I'm not trying to tease you by being vague - I'm simply still compiling the full list of changes for you all because it's a lot.

Edit: the update will also contain the End of Round Scoreboard functionality, and VoIP. I think this is known info, but want to share it again for those who missed it.

Nice to see you here in the forums. Will there be something like this much requested feature being implemented along with the other fixes? https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Concrete-and-simple-to-implement-proposal-that-would-im...

Message 16 of 129 (4,193 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@Straatford87 wrote:

As the old saying goes, a day late and a dollar short.

I rather wish you guys would worry a bit less about not meeting expectations and put a bit of effort into exceeding them.

The titanic is sinking and you guys are, very slowly, rearranging deck chairs.

Message 17 of 129 (4,171 Views)

★ Guide
@HJ_Spacewar You have some brutal expectations! Isn't this what a Dev once said about the Battlefield fans?
Message 18 of 129 (4,180 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Straatford87 Thanks for stopping by with some info.
Message 19 of 129 (4,176 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@larry_54235 Yeah someone said that about working during the holiday break or something. I tend to believe actions speak louder than words. I love the meme tho.
Message 20 of 129 (4,176 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help