April 7th patch notes discussion thread

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: April 7th patch notes discussion thread

[ Edited ]

@EA_DavidA bit of lag and audio issues here and there. But overall I’m enjoying the content and map rotations. Loot is much better on KC now. I’m enjoying the map again. I also feel like getting kills and pushing fights is rewarding because I’m typically missing attachments on guns. But I have enough loot to not feel like a sitting duck.

A friend and I had quite a bit of fun in Bloodhounds thing running a caustic/wattson combo.

i have been seeing some interesting play by revs. I’ll need more play to decide if he’s OP, just right or what.. the one weakness his ult has.. if me and a friend stumble across the ult sitting around we 1. Hit it and 2. Wait for them to be sent back.. when they are sent back we light them up. That or one of us will hunt the team and the other camps the totem. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 61 of 103 (585 Views)

@EA_David having played a bit last night  I think the map rotation over short periods is a great idea, keeping things constantly very fresh as stated in the blurb, and as Wraith says "Suprise!" Large smile

I love the addition of duos too.

But duos again highlighted my lack of understanding of the skill based matchmaking system. I'm over level 300 and was again placed with very low level new team mates. I'm not complaining as I'm happy to lead the way. Does the sbmm balance teams within the match vs other teams. Does it go by kills or placement from a number of previous matches or include lifetime/season stats? Following coming second and a few kills I was then put in a solo squad, which I didn't mind either, but was I doing so badly that I was below the criteria needed to be matched with a squaddie at all?

Can you pl point me in the direction of a breakdown of the criteria for the sbmm decision process for it. Thank you.Large smile

Its unfortunate that solos in previous trials didn't add up in numbers to make it worthwhile, maby a map limited by initial storm size to half KC/WE map for 30 players might do it.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 62 of 103 (575 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 63 of 103 (547 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_David I think you guys really screwed up with this one. The low profile nerf makes legends go down WAY too quickly. The map rotation is COMPLETELY unethical and already players are choosing to play something else when their favorite map isn't available, or they just quit in general. People want to choose maps, not wait for their favorite. People are okay with longer queues as long as they can choose their map. Stick with one map or let people choose. This is by far the worse solution to the problem. The only good thing about these patches is you guys fixed Revenant and made lifeline slightly less useless, even though her abilities now cut into Loba's some, the same way that Gibby's cut into hers and made her useless. I've been playing since the release of season 1, I've stuck with the game consistently since, but this update really is pushing me over the edge. Apex is not fun anymore because of the map rotation and low profile nerf.
Message 64 of 103 (532 Views)

★ Guide
@powerlung Town takeover is on the edge of Skyhook, on that big ol mountain next to the jump tower and drill site.
Message 65 of 103 (519 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@K1ue I hope they improve it as I like similar games with gun play and abilities. If they just added sprint I would find it more engaging because from what I saw it's very slow paced for my liking and others have said the same thing so if they listen and speed it up a bit you'll likely see me in the kill feed. Dying! ;P
Message 66 of 103 (505 Views)

★★ Apprentice

the revenant silence is bs. 10 seconds was long enough. it even stacks too because of how he has 2 charges.

Message 67 of 103 (462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

キングスキャニオンを憎みます

あんなMAPは要らない

ワールドエッジだけプレイさせてくれ

あんなクソマップを喜ぶのは頭のおかしいヤツだけだ

Message 68 of 103 (462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello All...

Update has some bugs... 1st : Characters not appearing on their banner. 2nd: All of my Season / Daily / Bloodhound Event Challenges disappeared. It seemed to have happened when I achieved the Bloodhound Event, banner pose. 3rd: After a match, the Match Summary screen just shows the red box, without any info within it.  Now, I am not sure if any of my games are being counted towards the Bloodhound Event goodies.

I hope this is fixed soon....

Thank you

Message 69 of 103 (434 Views)

@SUI_JUDE said

I hate Kings Canyon

I don't need such a MAP

Let me play only World Edge

Only the crazy guy is pleased 
with that ****ing map

@SUI_JUDE no need for profanity! i love KC so I disagree with.your outburst!

冒とく的な表現は必要ありません。
私はキングスキャニオンが大好きなので、
あなたの爆発に同意しません!

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 70 of 103 (412 Views)