Re: Apex predators in plat/gold games

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Apex predators in plat/gold games

★★★★★ Apprentice

Assuming my last topic was deleted because it's non-existent and because EA probably doesn't want how broken their game is getting out. Fix your matchmaking in ranked. I don't care if I have to wait 3-5 minutes for a match, it's unfair for both the predators and me, a plat, to be in the same game together in RANKED.

Message 1 of 8 (1,838 Views)

★★★★ Pro

From my understanding platinum is that middle of the road lvl tier so there is going to be master and preds in their lobbies.

Just like the first 3 tiers Bronze, silver and gold in lobbies together. The training wheel just came off, It wouldn't be fair to dominate in just Gold, silver and bronze lobbies.

Its time to elevate your game a bit, And LvL up sorta speak. Its suppose to get harder not easier. If you can't get higher then plat then there is room for improvement and work on your game.

I'm in the same boat being a Plat it's time for me to get better also. learn some new strategies, work on my gun game, learn to when and when not to engage, etc.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 8 (1,811 Views)

theres not enough ppl playing so they merge

Message 3 of 8 (1,799 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

100% agree to the git gud part, but it's not really possible for people that are stuck in plat to git gud when most of their rivals are the top players in the game and their teammates are still gold rank with very little understanding of the game. How am I supposed to learn when the predator aim rivals that of hackers and blows me up before I can even react? Not only that, but the game isn't even designed around killing at this level. You either wait until the very end to fight or you get fired down by 8+ squads and it takes like 7 kills at the start to get point gain. It's idiotic game design and ruins plat for me and I'm sure it ruins it for others too. The only reason we're in this mess is because predator players complained about having such long wait times in the first 3 seasons., but that's what you get when your competition is only the best.

Message 4 of 8 (1,770 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DAYUMshecanFARTPlatinum is definitely where things start to get harder. The last time I looked at Stats only about 15-16% of the player population even make it up into platinum.

Predators and diamond players can be downed. I'm just starting to get to the point that I can compete with them. Just push through the deaths, I know it can be frustrating but you'll start to look for ways to gain an edge/win fights. You'll start to find things that work and start to have some success. When I get killed by them I spectate and try to learn things from them. I also pay attention to their load outs..

If you get frustrated with ranked, switch of to PUBS for a bit. The difference between your skill level, Diamond and Predator players is probably not as big as you think. Just don't get intimidated by it and don't panic. I have ended up in lobbies with 5-6+ Pred trails coming out the drop ship and a ton of diamond trials.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 8 (1,733 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@DAYUMshecanFART There's no evidence of such a post that I can find, we don't delete/remove constructive posts that highlight issues.

Sorry, but I can only guess at where the post went, perhaps you had an unlucky timeout as you were submitting it, or perhaps there was a site glitch. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,712 Views)

I've seen your feedback quite a lot, @DAYUMshecanFART

Ranked is, in my very own opinion, in a bad situation right now. Take a look at the graph I made.

Ranked 1-3 data.png

[note that in the graph I forgot to mention that in Ranked season 3 there was a glitch that players could abuse to increase their rank]

IMO, they must add a reward for reaching diamond. The dive trails are temporarily so a lot of incentive to keep ranking up is gone.

It also doesn't help when players feel like fighting against much better players in ranked while it should be more mixed in public matches.

Their announcement of Ranked Season 5 was a bit disappointing for me, and I look forward to seeing more changes down the road.

Message 7 of 8 (1,706 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DYSPROssiumI took a break from ranked this season. Most of it had to do with the low loot levels when it first started, that has been fixed. But I was in a huge rut for most of this season, which also contributed to me not having an interest in it. It took me a while to figure out my gun combinations were not the greatest. 

I'll be back at it again this season. I do think the trail incentive for diamond is part of it. I have quite a few friends who are capable of reaching diamond. But Master and Predator are beyond reach for most.. Most of the diamond friends I have took pride in that dive trail.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 8 (1,692 Views)