Apex packs rigged?

by HER0iin

Original Post

Apex packs rigged?

★★★ Newbie

So after not getting anything good in like 4 or more packs I've decided to buy 10 Apex packs, thinking I am going to get some nice loot in them with the 24.8% chance for an epic or better. I've opened them, and of course I didn t even get a SINGLE epic item!

After watching Shroud and other streamers get 3 epics and 1 legendary item out of 5 boxes, this system really looks rigged...

If the chances are correct the probability for what happened to me is (1-0.248)^14 which is 0.018. I somehow don't believe in being so unlucky.

Anybody else having the same experience?

Message 1 of 10 (2,307 Views)

Re: Apex packs rigged?

★★★ Guide
Packages are always pure RNG.

24,8% drop out of how many packages? 10-20-30-40-50?
Those are numbers they do not share.

It took many people up to 500 packages or more to get a heirloom item. So it's not rigged, it does provide you what you want, if you pay enough money.

But the limitation on the currency quantities in the store is a real class act scam.
Message 2 of 10 (2,288 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I got 3 legendaries just from the 10 first level up packs, it's pure RNG.

The only guarantee afaik is 1 legendary for every 30 packs you open.

Message 3 of 10 (2,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I haven’t gotten anything above rare since level 19, I’m currently level 39
Message 4 of 10 (2,131 Views)

★★ Guide

Remember that there is a guarantee on loot boxes. Every 30 packs is a legendary. I would work around that and buy packs when you know you're right around that range. 

I have actually noticed some things that don't seem to be "random". For example when I first started out playing I played a lot of Pathfinder. I decided to drop some money on the game and guess what? I unboxed Pathfinder legendary/epic stuff. Is it just that I ignored the Bloodhound stuff I got or is it that there a biased algorithm? I know EA doesn't have that much to do with the gameplay but they sure as hell have some agency when it comes to making money (and the sjw stuff). It would makes sense to me, if I was being shady, to give players good stuff that they wanted when they first started spending money to entice them to spend more.

Who knows. 

Message 5 of 10 (2,117 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@VPPTrueI'd say that was just coincidence, I've had a good mix of the tiers from my lootboxes but the legendries/epics have been for legends/items I don't play/use much.

Message 6 of 10 (2,107 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I'm also skeptical of this system entirely. It's highly overpriced and doesn't seem to give you fair exchange for your money. Spent money on founders pack and 10 apex containers and it just appears to be a complete money dump gambling away your money.
Message 7 of 10 (2,074 Views)

★ Pro

Well EA seem to be n00bs at revenue generation. Too high prices don't bring in more revenue, more the reverse is true. I'm just hoping they learn from their mistakes and don't make the battlepass a 100 eur.

Message 8 of 10 (2,041 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The word "gaming" has two meanings. These days people think of "gaming" as video gaming. But "gaming" traditionally means legalised gambling. Loot boxes are very familiar to people from the traditional gaming world. It's a system which already had a lot of history and science behind it, but which has been finely tuned for video games. Whatever you have experienced so far has certainly been planned in advance.

Message 9 of 10 (2,022 Views)

★ Pro

I love gambling, but only when I actually get something out of it. 1 legendary for 30 eur is not something.

Message 10 of 10 (2,020 Views)