Apex legends- the slayer of controllers?

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

Re: Apex legends- the slayer of controllers?

★★★★★ Guide
@MandatoryIDtag

COD MW has that 2nd "tactical" sprint. So won't work well

Tactical sprint raises your gun to the air and short burst of speed of like 5 secs compared to normal sprint but slows ADS transition time. How many times I've seen people use that to shove through the door gives me heart attack.

But yea in Apex auto sprint works well in that from half push walk to full push it is analog movement. First time I enabled it took a while to get used to as I kept using L3 out of habit (Which is still enabled anyway even if you turn on auto sprint). But after that my controller is probably happier and never have to use L3 again.

But for other games that don't have this option:

PS4 has accessibility feature that let you remap buttons, so you could pick least used button as sprint instead to swap. Swap L1 and L3 around as example. From PS4 -> Settings -> Accessibility -> Button Assignments. Up to you how you prefer.

If you're randomly walking forward then you have to increase deadzone from "None" to "Small" or "Large". But personally think better to lowest deadzone "none" to avoid that small look delay even if there is drift.

Yea there are loads of options in Apex if people took the time to really go through it.

- Turn off hit markers. It is distracting and covers crosshairs when tracking targets and you already know you're damaging them from damage numbers. Also hit markers show hits EVEN after you've hit a target when cross hairs already recoiled above them. Try in training ground and you'll see it can give false feedback.

- Turn off Sprint view shake

- Interact prompt style - Compact, smaller banners showing for looting

Message 11 of 50 (324 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag This is funny as I just bought another (literally amazon just delivered it today) as I'm starting to notice issues running once in awhile and I've seen right stick drift in the map in warzone.

Since starting to play apex and warzone I have to get a new controller every 4 to 6 months. And I dont rage destroy them. The sticks are made of cheese. I figure I get about 360 to 540 hours out of them. I've never tried adjusting the drift tho.

The bad news is I think right away you'll want one for ps5 if playing apex.
Message 12 of 50 (311 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag Do not buy a high priced controller. They break even faster. I know too many that have done this. Zeus does a good review of different controllers and he says just stick with the default one for this reason as well.

I'd recommend the under button adapter ps sells tho. Having crouch and jump down there is nice.
Message 13 of 50 (310 Views)

★★ Expert

Maybe you just have exceptionally strong thumbs?

I did have to replace some of my joysticks in the past year, but the issue wasn’t too bad.

Message 14 of 50 (304 Views)

Champion

@Sir_Named  Could be possible. XD

@hayhor  nice I'll check them out, I do really want paddles.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 15 of 50 (301 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag I've got a little bit of stick drift in my right thumbstick but this game is definitely putting my X (Square) button through its paces xD Imagine if you legit have exceptionally strong thumbs!

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 16 of 50 (277 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
My controllers break for other reasons and crack in my monitor from raging.

Thinking of buying a punchbag next to my desk to keep my equipment intact in future.
Message 17 of 50 (271 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PeterN_UK  stress balls take up less space. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 18 of 50 (269 Views)

★★★ Guide

@PeterN_UK just do what I do have your gaming set up by a firing range and pistol by you.

Message 19 of 50 (264 Views)

★★ Guide
@MandatoryIDtag Uhhh tell me about it my wife and I together 4 controllers maybe 5 I’m buying cheaper ones now nothing special
Message 20 of 50 (258 Views)