Apex legends- the slayer of controllers?

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

Apex legends- the slayer of controllers?

Champion

So I'm just curious if anyone else has had this issue since playing this game lol.

So generally speaking, I'll go through maybe 1 or 2 controllers in a currents gen consoles lifespan. I maintain my controllers well so its generally just natural wear and tear that kills them off

But God damn....4 ps4 controllers I've had since apex was released. My current one is about to die out on me too, getting forward drift on my left analog.

Its actually madness lol. XD

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 50 (535 Views)

Re: Apex legends- the slayer of controllers?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I've definitely burned through more this generation, but I don't think it's just Apex. Of the 3 that became unusable from natural causes (as opposed to accidents) 2 of those were before Apex, 1 since its launch.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 50 (521 Views)

★ Expert

I'm on my third since April.

First one got stick drift pretty bad.

Second died ... ahem ... a violent death *blush*

The third is okay so far. It arrived with stiff buttons that spammified my shooting for a good day or so :D

Message 3 of 50 (516 Views)

★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag xbox controllers last longer youd have 2 in the time rather then 4 xP
Message 4 of 50 (512 Views)

Champion

@DaleWWilson95  I'm inclined to agree lol I literally got my ps4 around the time apex was released. I was xbox before that, the consoles themselves aren't as well built as playsrations though.

Its nuts though 4 controllers in 2 years. I was going to buy a top end controller but this chain of worn out ps4 controllers really put me off lol.

@EdwardDLuffy  hahaha...I've had moments where my controllers nearly been planted in the centre of my TV screen, managed to resist so far. Tongue out

Message 5 of 50 (500 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@MandatoryIDtag

Yes its that tiny white plastic square thing under L3 button that wears out first for sprint. Apex has auto sprint in menu option, so then analog half stick push still lets you walk but full push lets you run. Much less thumb strain.
Message 6 of 50 (495 Views)

Champion

@PeterN_UK  Oh does it? I just assumed the auto sprint would function like Cod where its all or nothing lol. 

The damage is already done now as I randomly wander forward with no stick input....but I'll do that next time. Tongue out

Message 7 of 50 (488 Views)

★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag Yeah one of my PS4 controllers can no longer sprint on apex and my buddy has gotten through 2 brand new ones in the past 3 months due to drift and sprint not working properly
Message 8 of 50 (457 Views)

★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag Its like there made for 10 year olds or purposely cheaply made to get you to buy more
Message 9 of 50 (456 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag I’m waiting for new xbox to come with my new controller cause I broke 2 of my Elite controllers down, the controller that came with the xbox has horrendous stick drift & now I’m using my Gears Elite which had stick drift from the get-go.

I hope the new controllers have better modules as I heard the thumbstick modules of early Xbox One controllers were cheap and were designed to last around 3 months.

I’ll have to get used to non-elite for a while tho in that case... But at least I can play with normal deadzone. Now my deadzone is above 1/4th of the slider and it pisses me off since I cant consistently shoot well as the input requires a much farther flick/push so I usually miss enemies now Frown The subtle touch I’m used to does nothing now since deathzone is so high, but if I set it lower, my character starts spinning xD.
Message 10 of 50 (453 Views)