by ILikeGlueHmm

Original Post

Re: So Bahrain has servers not ZA

★★★★ Novice

What about Africa. 

Message 11 of 29 (775 Views)

Re: Apex legends servers in south africa

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko I think you misunderstood the poster, this isn't "connection issues", the problem is that the servers are located very far away - there are no close servers for South Africans to connect to.

I believe AWS and AZURE have datacenters in South Africa now and can locally host servers / services here. The poster is requesting that Apex Legends servers are hosted in South Africa as well, so that local players don't suffer the 200ms ping (it could serve lower Africa actually, and northern Africa could still use European Servers).

One note: I lived in South Africa for 28 years, and recently moved to Germany (~ 8months). The entire game changes of course, it's incredibly frustrating playing any competitive online game with ping so assuming it's trivial to boot up servers here (since AWS and AZURE are already used in other parts of the world for Apex Servers) this would be a huge leap for the local gamers of South Africa
Message 12 of 29 (717 Views)

★★ Guide
@RSArussian Its a Bot lol has to be.
Message 13 of 29 (692 Views)

★ Guide

I concur.

Dont understand whats the problem with servers, even if up in Africa. Baffles my mind, if COD warzone can do it, put the servers in the same building?? What the hell. Apex is 10 times bigger?

Message 14 of 29 (626 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Ryantjie I been saying this for a while even i made a topic related to (queue time in Bahrain server) but they not listening,you're right but i think it would work well if they switch this server (Bahrain) to some other location where people from middle east can take advantage of it too.
To be honest,i thought cross-play gonna fix that but nope.
Message 15 of 29 (690 Views)

Champion

I've responded to a few of these lol, there is plans to add a data centre to south Africa, I think the original time frame goal was mid 2021 if I remember correctly?

The infrastructure needs to be built, these things don't just spring up by magic unfortunately.

You can Google it, the plans are up there. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 29 (676 Views)

★★ Novice

Not enough players in ZA, been down this road with many online games before and there is not enough of us to get ranked and duos and trios all available. 

Ping to Beligium isn’t that bad. 

Message 17 of 29 (638 Views)

South African Server Needed

★ Novice

Respawn I am a player from mauritius and the closest server to me is Singapore. However on ps4, Singapore is completely dead and I am sure that you are aware of it and the worst is that the other servers are extremely laggy for me. Please try to make a south african server. I am sure that many others from different countries will be satisfied if you add it. I know that you have all been working on the arrival of Apex Legends on the switch and crossplay but please consider making a South African server.

Thanks for taking the time of reading if you did. Anyways, I love the game and keep doing good job! 

Message 18 of 29 (614 Views)

Re: South African Server Needed

Anonymous

Yes!!! 

Message 19 of 29 (583 Views)

★★ Pro
@AvatarCloud Not sure I agree with this. Africa is huge and places without servers surrounding it would also get the benefit. It doesn't need to be exclusive to SA players.

The lag on those EU servers are terrible.
Message 20 of 29 (554 Views)