Re: Apex legends ps5

by ArchAngeL-PCX

Original Post

Apex legends ps5

★★★ Newbie

Are we going to get apex on ps5 /Xbox series X since they have good frame rate and a big of storage and run on 120 FPS and they both with have unreal engine 5 grafics on them and is there going to be exclusive apex legends ps5 console pls I need to no I getting the ps5 thx @respsawn @apexteam

Message 1 of 9 (2,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@IvenyBlitz  Yeah I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed bud.

Couldn't comment on a aapex design console though....although this would give some scope for a potentially epic looking console lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 9 (2,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

I'm sure Apex will be on PS5.  The question is in what form?

Are they going to take the game to another level with more players, bigger maps, new game modes, etc.?  That's I think what most would want to see, but it would mean splitting off form the PS4 community.  Still, I think that's the direction they have to move in or risk getting left behind, and I mean way behind.  Warzone has already moved the BR experience forward in a variety of ways:

• Much higher player counts on a larger map
  • Alternate objectives scattered throughout the map
  • The Gulag
  • Plunder mode, allowing players to experience the full map in a respawning environment.  Don't feel like BR?  Want to hunt Easter eggs or otherwise explore the map?  Drop into Plunder mode and enjoy the sandbox level gameplay Battlefield fans have known since Battlefield 1942.  You don't have to log out because it's BR or nothing else.
  • Warzone is baked into the full Modern Warfare game, so you can shift gears to standard game modes or single player...again without logging out of the game.   Sort of like if Apex Legends was a game mode within TitanFall 2.

So if Warzone is doing all this in 2020 on current hardware, what is coming on PS5 and Xbox Series X?  I don't think Apex can just show up and expect to stay in the conversation with maybe some better load times.

How cool would it be if Respawn gave us a mode like Plunder or some other respawn mode to enjoy these maps on?

How about bigger maps, with NPCs all around...maybe dare say Titans?

How about a mode with the different landmarks as capture points in a tug of war scenario like War mode in COD?  Two teams...60 players per team operating in squads of 3.  Dropship keeps passing over the map at intervals to for people to respawn.  You can only take points next to territory you control.  You get bonus points working as a squad.

Just some thoughts lol.   

Message 3 of 9 (2,046 Views)

Champion
@IvenyBlitz Yes, that is the main reason for cross play.
Message 4 of 9 (2,034 Views)

Champion
@ArchAngeL-PCX Apex will be the same game but continue to grow. Last I checked the published monthly player count on Apex was similar if not more than Warzone. Warzone should have a bigger player base due to all of the COD followers. Warzone does a couple things well but overall Apex is a much better game for team play.
Message 5 of 9 (2,031 Views)

★ Expert
@hayhor I think that's debatable on the team aspect. I like the mechanics in Apex better, but Warzone has raised expectations on what a BR will look like on PS5 and Series X. And that's the point.

Do you think Activision doesn't have plans to go bigger with COD on PS5 and Series X? What happens then for Apex? Warzone is already a huge leap up from Blackout, and they've done limited modes with even larger player counts. My guess is the answer is "YES, COD will absolutely be going bigger and better on PS5 and Series X."
Message 6 of 9 (1,958 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

Of course, this is all talk based on what we know now.  Given how powerful these new console will be, there's no telling what developers will roll out next.  There may be something in the works that turns everything on it's head and makes BR obsolete.  It may come from a totally unexpected place...sort of like how BR got started in the first place lol.  Either way, I think Apex needs to be more forward looking than just iterating on the current state of the game.

Message 7 of 9 (1,951 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ArchAngeL-PCX Warzone may have all that, but it still isn't a better game than Apex. The larger map and playerbase isn't a good thing. All it does is make matches last twice as long, with boring lags in the middle where you don't see a single player.

The alternate objectives just distract you from playing the game, and don't really add any extra fun elements. We don't need NPC's or larger maps, there are plenty of players on the maps to keep you engaged almost the entire match.

Stop trying to turn apex into call of duty. If you want to play a game like that, just play Warzone. Apex doesn't need to change to make it more like other games, it's already the most fun BR out there.
Message 8 of 9 (1,918 Views)

Champion
@ArchAngeL-PCX Warzone is awful with random teammates as the ping system is trash. Then players dont have abilities that help each other. This is why I said apex is a much better team based game. The lack of abilities is why warzone has a single player mode.

Will they do something with apex in the future to take advantage of the new console? Yes they will eventually but they will not immediately as they will want cross play to be fair for all.
Message 9 of 9 (1,877 Views)