Bring back duos, game needs it

by keicher-xx

Original Post

Re: Apex legends needs Duos back!!!!

★★ Apprentice

It hurt the most in duos when someone left you in the middle of a game. Was a lot more painful and I took it more personally... but when playing with a friend, or a loyal player, it was the absolute best.

Message 31 of 44 (736 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Totally agree. Duos were something in between solo and trio, you could play aggressively and there were interesting games Standard smile
Please, give us Duos
Message 32 of 44 (677 Views)

★ Pro

Make Duos permanent, or at least make it a recurring monthly event. 

Message 33 of 44 (663 Views)

Re: Gib Duo's back pls

★★★ Newbie

Fr that would be dope

Message 34 of 44 (637 Views)

Tbh i didnt play that many duos in the end as I couldn't quite get my head around it. It was exciting to begin with  but i really like the trios mode. Saying that I really liked solos very much too. Don't know why duos felt do different.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 35 of 44 (624 Views)

★★★★ Guide

You know what else they need back? Everything!

It sucks that they try to make new content exciting just by simply limiting how much content is available at any one time. The wait between new gameplay additions is stretched enough as it is.

Message 36 of 44 (614 Views)

Bring back duos, game needs it

★★★ Novice

Bring duos back with choice between the 2 maps

Message 37 of 44 (606 Views)

Champion

I agree with a lot of the sentiment here, I think Duo's are different enough here to the gameplay of trios to warrant their own permanent mode. It's easier to wrangle together one other friend than two and it's generally easier to communicate that way.

Not just that but a lot of the Legend abilities still have use in these mode's where in solo's they faltered.

This being said I would really enjoy seeing new game modes on top of this, I think Respawn should keep experimenting with different game types and team sizes on the regular. I would personally like to see some larger team games, but I imagine those will come when the pool of legends is much more expansive.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 38 of 44 (593 Views)

Re: BRING BACK DUOS.

★★ Apprentice

I agree that Duos was an excellent mode. I played it almost exclusively while it was available until I could form a 3 man team. It's nice to just have the option. I would play more if Solo was also an option. Sometimes I don't mind pairing with randoms but it sucks getting paired with a level 3 or someone at that skill level and they constantly go down. Or I'm the random placed with 2 people working together and they try to ditch me, leave me if I go down, or something of that nature. Those matches tend to end up being a series of 1v3s for me cause they run off or they'll go down because they were so eager to run off... It sucks.

I've managed to put together a roster of people and we're forming a team now but I have a lot more free time than they do so not being able to queue up alone keeps me from playing more often. I'm in favor of Solos and Duos being permanent modes. I know this is a team based game but not everyone wants to play with a team so I think we should all have the option to play how we want without ruining someone else's game. Imagine that random you get paired with every match that runs off alone and dies then leaves you and your friend to fight 2v3s for the rest of the match having the option to play solo... It would limit those players from appearing in your team. Likewise if you and a friend are on but you don't have a 3rd you could play Duos and eliminate the possibility of a random screwing your team.

People like to play games their way and limiting them doesn't help a game it only hurts it. Give the players the option to play the way they want and more people will play.

Message 39 of 44 (560 Views)

Champion

I only managed to get about 7 duo games in due to the fact i was working away from home.

I do love the LTM rotations but things like solo/duo should be staple to any BR. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 40 of 44 (551 Views)