Apex legends lag

by firefury9111

Original Post

Apex legends lag

★ Novice

so my apex legends used to run just fine with decent graphics, and was always at a stable 30-40 fps. recently my fps has been going down, and I've also started turning down my settings. currently, all of my settings are at the lowest possible, and i get 2-15 fps always, never higher. the game is unplayable. I have no idea why this is. i always play with no other apps running (i always check to see if something is running), I haven't had my PC running this whole time (i know that can be an issue) and I've had it off recently. I've check my CPU temperatures and they are at a normal level. I really don't know what to do because I've spent money on this game and I really like it, but it has become completely unplayable no matter what i do

Message 1 of 5 (407 Views)

Re: Apex legends lag

Community Manager

Hey @firefury9111 let's start by grabbing a DxDiag so that we can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (346 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ever since season 5 started, Apex has had a huge problem with stutter and lag. But its not always caused by a client. Even at 150+ fps, it feels very bad at the moment. But there should be a new patch coming out soon, which hopefully fixes soem of these issues

Message 3 of 5 (329 Views)

★ Novice

here is a dxdiag. My PC isnt that bad, and as I've said, my apex legends used to run just fine.

Message 4 of 5 (313 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@firefury9111 Just adding my comment for the record - it's got to be their servers - I'm running a pretty spicey rig and my fps is good. It's the latency and its getting worse. Some days I see the ping (when selecting main server) as bad as 200+. Had my ISP do checks on their end and assure me its all ok. I even upgraded to a faster BW package yet my in game jitter is still terrible. Not every game mind you, just the odd random one. Which sh##s me when its a ranked game!@ I think with all this covid nonsense, the pipes are getting choked Standard smile
Message 5 of 5 (254 Views)