Re: Apex legends community is the most toxic ever

by CAGOA34

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide
@apostolateofDOOM Ive only had two bottles of buckfast two bpttles of blue wicked and half a can, its the weekend

https://ibb.co/ssWYP00

And yeah am a bam when drunk but still sober a think.... lol
Message 41 of 57 (660 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@BaldWraithSimp And Im pretty sure its Friday cant rember, might be Saturday lol
Message 42 of 57 (653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@CAGOA34WKD is rancid and buckfast is for kids that want to get horny.

Get some whiskey down your gullet. I can recommend a few nice cheap ones for you like Glenmorangie the original 10 yr if you don't drink whiskey often as it's a traditional starter scotch but they have a range that are aged 12 yrs for flavours like Lasanta which is soooo moreish around Christmas as it's fairly sweet, aged in sherry casks those last 2 yrs. Not as good as their last version mind as they changed it awhile back but still damn good and cheap. Not usually a fan of sherry casks personally but this gives it some mild sweet notes that aren't overpowering both on the nose and the pallet making it way to easy to drink. Swirl that oily heavenly resin round your mouth and absorb it through your gums, oh yea. If you do like really sweet then try the Glenmorangie Nectar as my partner loves it which is good cause she doesn't drink mine then.

From there you'll have a better understanding on what tastes you like then you can try smoked ect and if you have the money to treat yourself then get Chivas Regal royal salute 21 year which is one of my favs.

When you done this you'll be a man with a hairy chest and a drinking problem! Party hat

Message 43 of 57 (626 Views)

[ Edited ]

@apostolateofDOOM Oh I have my moments in game, especially when playing with randoms... I had one last night, squad mate and I were pushing to third party a fight. Where did our third go? Ran off to loot some more! I downed 2 of the enemy and would not have had an issue with the third but it was a LL. I kept downing the revives and damaging the LL but needed some help with the LL.. Where is our third? Not even on the way..

"what in the world are you doing?! This is a team game the idea is that you stick with your team. Was that loot worth it? You're now down 2 teammates and have to face a fight 1vs3." And you're dead. "what good is that loot now?!" was it really worth it?

Similar thing happened on olympus. Team drops to the rift near hammond labs.. Fighting in Hammond I push it and down 4 people 2 from 2 different squads... Where is my team? Looting that water fall.. "Where is my team?!" "Oh they went to loot that stupid waterfall, get that one gold item that's likely a useless gold knock down shield.. I mean I downed 4 people from 2 different squads by the time you get here they will be revived and healed and you'll have to fight them 2vs3.. And my team is dead.. "was that one gold item really worth it? probably not because you're dead now"

Had another in labs.. Teammate and I down 2 people from a squad but their third got us.. Teammate was doing god knows what looting empty bins outside.. He finally comes running hides in the corner and listens to them revive.. "they are reviving go finish them off" nope he just sits there in the corner scared.. "THEY ARE REVIVING AND EASY KILLS GO KILL THEM" Nope, now they start healing.. "THEY ARE HEALING GO KILL THEM!" Nope, no more healing audio now he finally goes into the room... 

I typically just leave now when this stuff is going on. I can compensate for low skill players on my team, but I can't compensate for that kind fo thing.

Had another duo last night caustic and horizon. They ran in the opposite direction of every fight it gets to top 3 and we all have white armor. I'm thinking we might be able to survive if we can grab a building with the caustic. Caustic sort of traps up a building.. Enemy squad finds us I'm sniping at them trying to boost my Evo up.. What's our Horizon do? goes to a different building with no gas, gets herself downed almost instantly. Caustic runs over to revive them.. I'm sitting there thinking, this is why my KD is not above 2...

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 44 of 57 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@maximas1986 Sorry you had to deal with that.

Unfortunately, such is life in any online competitive game. Just a couple days a go, I dealt with this in two separate instances when we finished 2nd. One I got messaged that I suck. The other I had a guy rage saying he needed to find some sweats and then removed me from his friend list lol.

I've been playing online for nearly 20 years since Socom 2 on Playstation 2. The only games I haven't run into much toxicity on were those that really didn't have a competitive scene...Killzone, TitanFall 2, Planetside 2 (other than some outfit drama), MAG on PS3, some Battlefield games, Star Wars Battlefront, casual racing games, etc.

Socom on Playstation 2, COD, Counterstrike, Overwatch, Apex...not unusual to get toxic.

I think the BR game mode itself promotes toxicity since it's basically an all or nothing mode.

Message 45 of 57 (561 Views)

What about surprise end game freak outs? Those can be really entertaining.

Having a great game with couple good players. No indication of an incoming freak out. Down to 2 squads, one jump pads onto us and gets instantly knocked.

Guy goes for a finisher... maybe he thought it was the last guy just charging us I don't know.

Other two roll in while he's mid finisher....knock him and my other teammate. And I fail to clutch.

Dude flips out with a tantrum for the ages

When it was 100% his own fault for attempting a finisher.

But that's typical of humans now, accepting zero responsibility for their own actions.

Overall though I seem to have low toxicity in Apex personally, but of course there are exceptions like the situation above.

Message 46 of 57 (537 Views)

★★★ Expert

Toxic has been used to mean so many things these days.

For in game behavior yes.  For chat and mic not even close.  Overwatch is far worse and is you want mass QAnon and straight unmonitored racism, play the dead game Heroes of The Storm

Message 47 of 57 (525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Yeah, there are toxic people out there, not just in Apex, unfortunately. I have received toxic messages too in various games. The funny thing is that sometimes, they send those in a weird english, that I just do not even understand what they mean. 

Message 48 of 57 (507 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@maximas1986 I feel you. As soon as they say anything disrespectful I mute & report but I doubt anything happens when you report for offensice speech & I can't even report people on PS lol. Please fix reporting devs.
Message 49 of 57 (478 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Lord_Scorpion34yeah, they really need to fix this, I used to report them here with customer support but I know that nothing will be done.
honestly, I really don't mind and am really not bothered by anything that is game-related as long it stays that way.
I get some msg from players who I teabagged or maybe I did something they didn't like but it wasn't personal and actually, our conversation ended very well and we exchanged GGs.
I had a full squad troll me with finisher which lasted for half a minute or more and I didn't even leave.
one guy messaged me after I teabagged his box because he killed me and I got respawned then I killed him that ended with GGs.
had one guy who was screaming over the mic telling me how bad I am as he has 10K kills when I was hiding my 13 K kills counter so I wasn't good enough to give him advice about how to play the game just because I said to him VERY nicely " please stay with us and don't go alone " while I was reviving him after he got knocked for the third time within 5 minutes ,and you guessed it maybe, he was a Wraith.
but that didn't bother me because it wasn't personal and not racist
but when it's racist then I have ZERO tolerance especially when the only thing that I did was speak and I wasn't even talking to him lol

Message 50 of 57 (470 Views)