Apex legends abandon penalty

by Gfjdkdjxjdkfi

Original Post

Re: Apex legends abandon penalty

★★ Expert
@cufe_haco I feel you think it's such an easy job to just go in and add new stuff without tampering with other things or thinking about how it could be abused...

There's no penatly in casual so idk why players who tend to rage quit after dying right away just play there. Ranked is meant to show how good you are and if you leave the game early, you just loose RP and won't rank up.

I don't see the issue in simply playing casual and leaving every game there until you learn to stay put until your banner is gray.
Message 81 of 342 (1,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@iBlockHeadIt is a easy job. I am a professional programmer. To modify the leave game menu for ranked to only show up when the banner times out is litterally 4-8 lines of code depending on the language used (more than likely they are using C or C++)

They have been working on this bass ackwards penalty system sence the release, and with it causing chaos in a pre mature release in the 1.1.1 patch. The system is still broken and causing issues.

A hacker can abuse it very easily... And normal players can abuse it too. All you need is a mic, a blow horn, and a well timed blast in a middle of a fire fight. Either they quit or die in the match. All In all, this implementation is poor judgement in a development and end user side.

Message 82 of 342 (1,025 Views)

★ Apprentice

In other words, in the time for a Dev to read this, the time to write a if statment to alter the availability of the leave game option (6-8 lines of code) or disable it completely (one line of code) they can release a patch within the hour and have the whole damn thing resolved.

Message 83 of 342 (1,016 Views)

★ Pro
@cufe_haco
Punishment for leaving game is one thing, but removing button to quit game is nonsense.
In what area you are programmer? 100% not in game dev...
Message 84 of 342 (1,011 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SlivPTS Now you are bass ackwards. And yes I program in game dev. I do it all. The code for moving a model in a virtual space is no different than moving a object in the physical world in automations. The only difference is well, what your writing the code to control.

Modifying the leave game option to only be available at banner time out is viable option and sound for ranked play. This means you can only leave when you cannot respawn back into the game. This has no bearing with the core engine itself, only modifying a menu option availability.
Message 85 of 342 (986 Views)

★ Pro
@cufe_haco
game developer would never suggest such absurd idea.
can you give me link to your portfolio? I assume "professional" programmer in game dev should have list of released games.
Message 86 of 342 (980 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SlivPTSNo developer would ban users for using a in game feature for any reason. Nor will I give you anything of my work. Between your drull insults and lack of common Sense, you're not worth my time or have the respect to see anything of my personal or professional life.

Message 87 of 342 (969 Views)

★ Pro
@cufe_haco
next time don't call yourself "professional" programmer, if you have nothing to show. I only found your github page and i don't see anything related to games.
Message 88 of 342 (958 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SlivPTS -slow clap- that GitHub page is for teaching students basic programming functions. Kudos for finding something that's publicly available under a screen name.
Message 89 of 342 (953 Views)

★ Pro
@cufe_haco
why do you act so strange? being game developer is not illegal, or something you should be shamed for. You can even give me links to your games in private message (if you don't want to write here in public).
Message 90 of 342 (950 Views)