Apex legends abandon penalty

by Gfjdkdjxjdkfi

Original Post

Re: Apex legends abandon penalty

★ Apprentice

You are correct sir.  I have good enough sense to know how to create a product for the end user to enjoy.  

While you all are arguing about "rage quitters" and squabbling back and forth, I have shown what the problem and gave a proper logical solution.

If someone gets mad and quits in a game. Let them.  I don't want to play with them anyways.

There is a reason why the felt the need to give the user the option to leave a match.  Adding this system in such a wrong mannor has heavily  crippled the game in the worst way possible.  

If you don't want people quitting in the match then don't give it as a option. Don't add the option then lock people out for using it.  This game will not last till December if this system is not changed from it's current state.    But you go ahead and enjoy your phone that locks you out for sending a text message.  I have plenty of other games I enjoy playing.  

Message 71 of 342 (2,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You sound like an * hat. Tell me how im not a team player where im the one who runs across tbe map to grab a banner before it expires then when i die after picking it up the 3rd teamate is no where to be found so i decide * this im not going to sit around watching a non team player loot away while my friend needed a hand. * this game and * giving them another penny or second of my time. Feel like ive wasted 60 dollars and days of game time on this pos game * you ea. And * you respawn.

Message 72 of 342 (2,355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I will stop playing the game for the rest of the day when penalized. Just a fact. Not a good business decision.

Message 73 of 342 (2,333 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The abandon penalty is trash!!! Whybshould we wait while * just leave you there to continue. They should have the abandon penalty where as if your teamate doesnt go for the banner or no attenot to go for it while not under fire should be PENALIZED!!! Again another trash rules for fahhets who ruin the game!! EA  sure as hell wont do * all about it just like they dont do * all about nhl!!! EA has become such a joke its embarrassing

Message 74 of 342 (2,323 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@prodeer That’s rare that your dropping alone. Deal with it and play, hot drop perhaps...it’s a free game with point forgiveness if you simple play it through. Leaving is simple not allowed. Easy to understand. I had a game today, two of us, third dropped. We would get forgiveness but we continued on. We also won the match, platinum rank. Leaving is simply not allowed in rank, get it into your thick skull.
Message 75 of 342 (2,302 Views)

★ Pro

If you care about ranked points at all, then you will stay anyway hoping the teammates can snag some more placement points. If you don't care about points at all, then why play ranked? You are free to leave casual games - there's no penalty for that.

Message 76 of 342 (2,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

But why doesn't the timer reset when you do a few normal matches without leaving. Honestly this sucks because my timer is upto 2 hours + and now I can't leave matches even when I have absolute * team mates!

And on the subject of * team mates, why is ranked available for players below ranked 50????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I see low level noobs coming in and playing like * which costs me the round sometimes and then I instintinctively rage quit and my timer increases!!

When will the timer reset?!?!??!?!

Message 77 of 342 (2,242 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Agreed. Just played a game where me and one squad mate got into a fight and got eliminated. The third guy just took off and ran away without hesitation. So I left. Now I’m kicked for 5 minutes because I didn’t wanna spectate a guy while he ran the other way. I’ll always stick around if the rest of the squad is at least making a small effort to reengage. But when someone runs the second bullets start flying, you shouldn’t have to watch.

Message 78 of 342 (2,221 Views)

★ Pro
@cufe_haco
"If someone gets mad and quits in a game. Let them."
Nobody stops you from leaving. Just accept punishment.
This game NEEDS penalty.
If you disagree:
1) you are one of these who rage-quit
2) you don't play with randoms and you don't see real situation
in any case your opinion has no value.
Message 79 of 342 (2,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SlivPTSThis current system is not the way to do it. It is no different than being locked out of playing by using the same legend 3 times in a row, or using a certain weapon. The leave game option is there for a reason. If they didn't want people to leave, the option shouldn't be there in the first place. Doing that is only a matter of adding one if conditional into the code. Not even a 5 minute job to do.

Such a penalty system would be applicable for those who use INT commands (pc) or soft/hard resets of the device used for game play.

Message 80 of 342 (2,207 Views)