Re: Apex legends abandon penalty

by Mayorgoobi

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I think there should be some sort of abandonment penalty for disconnecting before the jump or during the legends selection.  This is a team oriented game and when a person leaves before the match even starts the rest of the players are at a disadvantage.  

Message 321 of 342 (858 Views)

★★ Novice

Honestly i love the penalty. Im getting so sick of people quitting the second the get downed. People wont even wait to be killed before they up and quit. Its the most infuriating issue I've had with Apex

Message 322 of 342 (798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah but when you join a lobby and the 3rd person is afk or on the other side of the Map and wont respawn or revive you, it kinda kills any want to play the game.

Message 323 of 342 (742 Views)

★★ Guide
@Fingrpistols Yeah, sometimes when I get killed super quickly because I didn't get a gun and this octane over here got a gold R-301 and purple shields, I instinctively quit when I go into box form. It's not the biggest problem, since it's only ten minutes, but I understand your view.
Message 324 of 342 (732 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Or... what just happened to me. I left a ranked match after my screen said squad eliminated and I got hit with the 10 minute abandoned penalty plus the RP loss. Talk about frustrating. It's like the server and my PC didn't sync up right and I got punished because of it. Oh well. Glitches happen. It's not a perfect system, but it does help to some extent.

Message 325 of 342 (684 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The abandon penalty is a joke this was sposed to be fun. It's not. I don't see how it helps ranked. It's absurd. If I go solo and get not the best teammates. I should be able to leave and enjoy another match. Especially if your in bronze or silver. Sbmm is a joke. Remove ranked completely. IMHO The top 500 players are the best not because they are the top 500. But because of streamers and sponsors teams ext THEY GET PAID TO PUT UP WITH IT . Ranked only works in apex if you have 3 friends. I DONT,  The whole idea is for team play and well EA you are not setting us up for that. JUST FORCING US TO GO ALONG SO YOU CAN GET MORE $$ Solo is so f#$%&## broke in this game. I pay for live ON XBOX, I pay for internet TO PLAY ON PC and I pay to play this game virtual OUTFITS that cost real money, Every season I pay to get more stuff. I guess I should stop.  We pay your bills EA remove what we don't want or don't get paid. Its that simple the customer is right. ALWAYS.           

MY MONEY MY CHOICE.  

Message 326 of 342 (615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@wondermom76 

what about the hundreds of thousands of players that wanted the Penalty put back in after season 2 because players were leaving their teammates behind to fight other squads with a man or two down.

How Fun is it to play against a squad in a 1 v 3  or a 2 v 3, sorry to say it's not and kills the enjoyment out of the game. It's a team game plain and simple stop rushing in to just to die with out your team.

Sounds like you're more mad at Micro$oft more then you're at EA. Getting ripped off playing a Free to play game and having to pay for a live service to play it LoL.

The game isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Also Stop making new Accounts you look foolish, like we can't already tell you're part of the forums already with another two+ name's.

Message 327 of 342 (603 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@RevenanT-G7 wrote:

@wondermom76 

what about the hundreds of thousands of players that wanted the Penalty put back in after season 2 because players were leaving their teammates behind to fight other squads with a man or two down.

How Fun is it to play against a squad in a 1 v 3  or a 2 v 3, sorry to say it's not and kills the enjoyment out of the game. It's a team game plain and simple stop rushing in to just to die with out your team.

Sounds like you're more mad at Micro$oft more then you're at EA. Getting ripped off playing a Free to play game and having to pay for a live service to play it LoL.

The game isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Also Stop making new Accounts you look foolish, like we can't already tell you're part of the forums already with another two+ name's.

......... well I don't understand how I can have other accounts....

that's a different problem.

As for the game. I'm done buying. You are absolutely right, It's not fun to 1v 3 so that's why we should be able to abandon.

You assume a lot about my play style. You are a bit condescending,  I'm not mad at Microsoft. So lol your self.

Don't attack me personally  because you only have one thing to say on your side of the discussion.

We should be able to leave to find a squad with a better vibe. This is penalty is a mistake.

After sleeping on this I feel I'm wasting my time and yours. I'm just not spending my cash or time on this game. 

Message 328 of 342 (555 Views)

Champion

I feel like it should be a lot harsher. I'm sick and tired of people rushing in on their own, dying, and then quitting straight away. Like it's actually beyond a joke how many times I've just been left to (at least) 1v3. Surely this shouldn't happen in ranked matches?! Team game after lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 329 of 342 (524 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's broken and total BS.  I am not one to bail on my team, I might have abandoned 5 matches in my entire time playing(since the start) but I literally fell off the edge of the map, no chance for recovery, so I left.  Probably the only time I have ever left a ranked match and I got hit with 10 minutes right out of the gate, no options, can't go to unranked, can't even go to the firing range, Complete lockdown.  I get enough of this lockdown crap outside of my gaming, I don't need it here too!

Message 330 of 342 (496 Views)