Re: Apex legends abandon penalty

by VenderAzura

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I now have a 100 minute ban. It's 20 to 11 on Saturday evening and I can't play Apex. Both my teammates' banners had already expired, and one of them verbally abused me before leaving. So I thought that, at this point, I would be able to leave. Now I'm banned but it doesn't make any sense. It is the most hostile system I have ever seen in a video game. There have already been weeks to address the issues players are reporting with it. Ban durations could've been changed. They don't need to be so severe. But instead, nothing has changed.

I have never played a game that bans players for leaving in the extreme way Apex currently does. It's completely unfair. I've also never been banned from any game until now.

How can players honestly take any satisfaction from seeing others being banned so harshly for simply leaving. I'll raise an eyebrow to that. Raised eyebrow

Message 181 of 342 (565 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@warslag  Wow.

Never would thought of you to speak out like this.

Looks like even the virtuous have a limit.

Message 182 of 342 (544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How about telling people that there will be a penalty before they leave.  I was dead. My team mate ran away and wasnt coming back to get me.  He was gone and the storm was coming in.  I got a 9 min ban.  No warning.  I dont usually quit but no sense staying in the game just to watch the guy, who ran away from the fight and abandon his team mates die.

Message 183 of 342 (530 Views)

Champion

Although i like this system to extent, i think the bans should reset back to 0 after 48 hours.

However since we have no clarity over whether or not respawn are going to amend this. Maybe y'all should just stop leaving? Go make or coffee or something...scroll through your phone? There are alternatives lol.

I've personally wracked up a grand total of 5 minutes of bans since the start of the season and that's only because i was already in a krabby mood before i ran into a pair of trolls lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 184 of 342 (511 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yea it's a joke, I've not left a game at all my son on the other hand has left a good few first couple he disnt understand... then today he left because it left him as a solo. Well I said to him he should have killed his self.  But how is this good for the game...  like most you quit because your team leave you. Or you quit because you get put in as a solo.. 

Game is amazing but I now have 80mins to wait. 

For no wrong doing at all I've never or my son have rage quit, only when necessary because off the game its self. 

Message 185 of 342 (497 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@warslag It must be bad.
Message 186 of 342 (492 Views)

★★★ Newbie

or leave and go to a different game because this is the dumbest rule. on;y die hards will play and spend money. i've spent 1k on this game and i cant even play it....i'm through with apex for good. lazy and money greedy creators ruined it

Message 187 of 342 (463 Views)

★★★ Novice

it's not 5 increments for me it was: 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 20 min, 30 min, 45 min.

Message 188 of 342 (431 Views)

★★★ Novice
@MandatoryIDtag yes, they need to add option to reset to 0. In the span of one month, I'm still adding abandon penalty and I think everybody will reach a point when through their fault or not, will really have to wait so long (with no reset) that they will stop playing altogether.
Message 189 of 342 (429 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Gfjdkdjxjdkfi I see you people still going on about this. If your that toxic about it then leave and accept the punishment. I have had plays where I had a team left after we fought rando and like the rest of if the penalty wasn't on I would have left thought the guy was an full on fool and wouldn't last much longer but damn that 1 min 30 changed the other guy instantly left but I stayed and he got me up and won the both of us had 5 kills....
Message 190 of 342 (405 Views)