Re: Apex legends abandon penalty

by asukojo

Original Post

@HAAHAAHHAHAAHA If your whole squad was dead there is no penalty to leave the match. So I'm not sure what you're complaining about. Perhaps there is a problem on the server you're playing, but give respawn a chance to fix it and make the leave penalty function properly.

Last night a friend and I were playing with randoms we had at least 3 rounds in which the random ended up dead. We could have respawned him and he would have got ALL of his loot back including some upgrades from the team we took out. But... the random rage quit as soon as he/she was downed and left the match.

It was even more frustrating for us because made it to the top 2 and were able to knock 2 of the final team but could not take out the third. If they had been there, even just as a sponge for bullets we would have won.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 61 of 342 (6,504 Views)

★★★ Novice
@DarthValtrex I already made a video and posted it in support. My whole squad was dead and I was given penalty nonetheless. Anyway that's about it for me, not gonna stress myself over a game I should enjoy, have fun.
Message 62 of 342 (6,498 Views)

★★★★ Novice

90 Minute Ban , first match ive quit since the last week or two????? !!???

takes a solid 10-20 minutes to Que into 1 match

8 times out of 10 put into match with duos who are in a party and dont pay attention to you .

W T F 

Message 63 of 342 (6,478 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Something has to change with this I believe. I understand it being implemented but to a certain extent. I just left after one player bailed and the other was non responsive. This is only the 3rd time I have left a game since it's been implemented. I'm now waiting 45 minutes for this. Why? Maybe they want me to go back to playing Destiny/Warframe/COD?  It's kind of ridiculous especially when I put enough money in it to buy the title outright 5x over. 

Message 64 of 342 (6,466 Views)

★★ Novice

I saw * the penalty í keep getting penalties when I leave right after my third squad mate dies as in no one Is alive and it says squad wiped on my screen I'm now at 40 minutes... 

Message 65 of 342 (6,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Sorry for sound stupid, I never leave so never get ban. What is the progression ? 5 -> 10 -> 20 ->40-> ...->90 ---> and beyond ??

@EA_Blueberry @EA_David I think we should introduce pinalty forgiveness by reducing the severity if players stick with team mates a lot of times (not leaving team mate) :

For example:

1. Bailout (1st time) : 5 min

2. Bailout (2nd time): 10 min

3. Stick with team mate (didn't bailout until the end) for 5 times:Pinalty reduce to 5 min. 

4. Stick with team mate (didn't bailout until the end) for 5 times:Pinalty reduce to 0 min. This basically clear the pinalty.

5. Bailout (3rd time): 5 min only (instead of 20 min).

This pinalty progression and pinalty forgiveness is displayed on during rank. 

Warning what will be pinalty if you bail out should be displayed as well "You will be pinalized for 40 minutes, are you sure you want to leave ? "

OK button is grey out for 5 seconds so players can cool down and think about it if they want to take that pinalty or stick.

The bigger the pinalty, the longer the timeout to think about it.

Message 66 of 342 (6,415 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I always hated ppl not playing as a team. I always play with the team and try to stick together even when ppl run off 

Now get this * the times I die and "my team" don't even try to pick me up. Leaves fights and just run the other way.

So I'm supposed to sit and wait 1.5 min because my team ran the other way in the middle of a fight and then never stopped running?

Or sit and look at a full game of ppl hiding from fights? Thx alot... * mechanics that have a potential to atleast put me off from playing.

There should be a punishment! But only after second/third strike. And cooldown should be quicker! If you play with diva *, they should be punished.

Message 67 of 342 (6,405 Views)

★ Novice

Have over 900 hours played over 120 bucks for this game previous plat 6.5k kill Gibraltar if they don't remove this * * penalty system im quitting the game entirely. Should be my right to leave a group of * teamates especially considering their ranked system is so trash that gold and plat ranked players get paired with * bronze 4 players who have worse aim than an armless man jacking off. 

And I know I'm not the only one who thinks this way Serious respawn fix ur * 

Message 68 of 342 (6,355 Views)

★ Apprentice

I will say this again here.

We are being penalized for using a in game feature.
You wouldn't use a phone that locks you out for using text messaging over calling.
You won't use a toilet that locks the lid after you flush it.

Again, the option to leave the game is infact apart of the game for us to use.
To be penalized for using it is * poor planning.

Biggest issues with this system:
You are penalizing users of your product for using your product.
It is being misused from it's "intended function"
It punishes new players.

I will not use a product that punishes you for using something for it's intended use.

If you don't want people to leave in the match, then take the option out or have it accessible to playwrs who cannot be respawned back in the game.

Until this issue is resolved, I will not play Apex.  I  will give it to the next patch update before I uninstall it completely.  Which is a sgame because this game has alot of potential, and this will be the death of Apex if it's not fixed.

Message 69 of 342 (6,322 Views)

★★★ Guide
@cufe_haco a little problem, the product is not yours.
Message 70 of 342 (6,307 Views)