Re: Apex legends abandon penalty

by Silz616

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@Michaelshawn55 You do realize that leaver penalties are only in ranked matches, right? If you have such a big problem with this penalty, why don't you just play regular?
Message 51 of 342 (4,082 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Just lol at this thread, and some of the BS posted in it.

Bottom line: You start the match as a team. There are no "accidents" or "random" about it. If you died and your team mates are still alive, they've played better than you. If you cannot stay the 1.30-2min after death then you have a serious issue with your own attitude.

Spin it anyway way you want to try to justify it to yourselves, but you're muppets. Just stay till the banner greys out. NOT rocket science.

As you were

Message 52 of 342 (4,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Iverson43 wrote:
@RevenanT-G7The people that leave their teams to fight by themselves are the ones we have to watch as they run around looting knowing playing the game scared. I shouldn’t be punished by having to watch this toddler run around a giant map scared to see anybody because they didn’t want to fight with me at any point during the game. It should get removed for the main fact if they are just gonna run around by themselves anyways it won’t effect them were as if I could just leave the game right away I could get back to the reason we play and that is to get kills and win games

Why you leaving your teammates, I can say from my experience that when I'm grouped with leavers they run off by themselves because either I'm looting or in a gun battle and they lose their fight. The reason for me looting is because I either have no weapon, Armor, enough ammo to go into a gun fight.

And yes I tell them either over the headset or Via ping that I have no weapon, Armor or ammo. Every single time they run off they die instantly every single time. Then Back out because they couldnt be bothered helping me find what I was looking for or didn't care enough that I needed supplies so we can go off into battle.

It's a team based game, I don't want to be looting the whole damn game how is it fun for me. Also I don't want to be the only one fighting whole team's and squads by my self either because one or both of my teammates ditch me because either they're a duo or a single player that doesn't care about playing as a team.

If you cared that much about winning you wouldn't leave your team.

On here your making it seem like you care enough so Respawn will remove the penalty but once they do you'll be back to leaving your team stranded once again for any < add excuse here > .

You just admitted that your self in your post.  It takes all of 2 min to wait until you can leave without any penalty. 1min for being knocked and 1 min when your boxed.

I can't tell you how many time's I've been respawned in after being dead and came back and won the game or I've respawned [one or both ] my teammates back and came back and won. After not evening getting out of the first Ring yet. Just because your downed, or boxed doesn't mean you still can't win the game.

I say leave the penalty the way it is.

Message 53 of 342 (4,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie

its god awful you think a 90 minute ban is worthy of leaving a game? please tell me how that makes sense no the timer continues up and up and never gets reset back down to 5 minutes or 10 minutes if it wasnt in the game on original release it doesnt need in it now. rage quitting has been a thing of video games ever since competitive gaming became a thing dont force people to be stuck in a terrible squad. watching some peoples aim when you were the unfortunate one thirsted is sometimes more harm then good if i would immediately leave cause nothing out of my mouth comes out good now because of this penalty ban it makes gameplay even more toxic being forced into a squad game with people who have no microphones or are in party chat and giving no sense of communication. 

Message 54 of 342 (4,027 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@TrippleStar215 good to know this has happened to someone else timer has no rhyme or reason to how long your "ban" is its just * terrible and well now i gotta go shell $60 out for ghost recon breakpoint
Message 55 of 342 (4,024 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@JjumpingJjack false, left teammate maybe 3 days ago and had a 20 minute time ban today qued into ranked took a leak legend got taken heard if ya left before game took you wouldnt get penalized it jumped to 90 minutes this is first game of ranked i left today....
Message 56 of 342 (4,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jonesy0218 If your playing with randoms and you die, why get penalized for leaving after you clearly are dead? Why wait the few minutes to bleed out when I can be in a either game by then
Message 57 of 342 (3,953 Views)

@Gfjdkdjxjdkfi For me it's the complete opposite.. I rarely have people leave the banner, if they do it's because they are not going to be able to pick it up. Occasionally people will troll like you suggest but it's rare.

How ever in Season 2, non-ranked was nearly unplayable with randoms. More than half the rounds I played with randoms would have people join and leave due to friend invites. I would say more than 80% of matches with randoms would start with 3 players but with in 3 minutes we were down 2 players or less.

The wait for them to recover your banner is not that bad, it's a whole 1 minute. After your banner recovery expires I think you should be able to leave the round w/o a penalty. But if your banner is still technically recoverable and you leave you should get the penalty.

There are times in which both my squad mates get downed. I know I won't be able to take both.. So I run for about 15 seconds away from the fight, toss some grenades, to draw the team away from the death boxes. I then circle back grab the banners and run. If you're watching me you might assume I'm trolling or not going to try and recover the banner but I will try most of the time.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 58 of 342 (3,949 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just uninstalled this game, 3rd time in a row my whole squad was dead and I still get penalty for leaving, not to mention everytime I die I have to watch * 30 minute match, because at diamond/predator you rarely get revived. Good luck.

Message 59 of 342 (3,928 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you get barred it's on You? Wrong. And dumb.

The other day the game was glitching horribly and then, out of nowhere, would pit me frozen, SUSPENDED IN MID AIR, floating dead center of the map. I could look around, but not move, shoot, hear anything, etc. It did this MULTIPLE times. Needless to say I got penalized for leaving the match, EVEN THOUGH it was an issue with the game.  

Today, a teammate made the worst jump possible. He jumped us off the map last min to where I couldn't correct it. He thought it was funny that I ended up being the only one completely off the map. The other 2 then proceeded to loot the entire area wirhout any attempt to get me and allow me any opportunity to do so for myself. Who wants to be forced to play with a teammate who will simply be a selfish *?

They need parameters set to make it better. Maybe afford so many to each person.

Message 60 of 342 (3,920 Views)