Apex legends Caustic nerf

by TorridestJet568

Original Post

Re: Apex legends Caustic nerf

Hero
@budzai Most popular? I hardly even see them. lol I see mirage lifeline wraith and path in nearly all my matches sometimes a loba or octane but hardly ever any caustics.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 51 of 68 (697 Views)

Champion
@E9ine_AC The first few weeks of season 5 people caught on to how fun caustic could be. Now with the change people have dropped him.
Message 52 of 68 (676 Views)

I don't mind his nerf as I hate that stupid gas

Message 53 of 68 (649 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@E9ine_AC It was confirmed by the devs lol.
Message 54 of 68 (622 Views)

★★ Guide
@budzai the caustic is not doing well as you might think, this legend has problems, for example, a huge hit box, in the open place he is very weak
Message 55 of 68 (609 Views)

★★★ Pro
@budzai I heard about that, but I never found the tweet related to that, so I thought it might be just a rumour; can you send me the link/tweet of where developers saying that? Thanks 😉
Message 56 of 68 (597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Warz0ne_LegendsThe Devs don't want him to be that good because him being Meta is annoying, and i gotta relunctantly agree with that, however i think if anything they should nerf his camping ability and buff his aggressive capability with some QoL (like remote detonations of his traps), that would make him less popular for many again who use him to mainly to hold up in buildings and gas his teammates but would not affect the Caustic mains that bother learning and utilizing him in more varied ways.

Message 57 of 68 (560 Views)

Champion
@BigBlackCaustic So many people whine about him, that is really the issue. Heaven forbid he is a good character.
Message 58 of 68 (544 Views)

Champion

The hidden Caustic nerf in the last patch was "the Gas damage nurf against Pathfinder and Revenant".

I supposed this was a really huge nerf (Pathfinder and Revenant are both Tier-A legends).

But I also though it is reasonable that the gas is not effective against some robots. Wondering

And today, I was surprised that the dev said "Oh! It is only a bug". Party hat

https://trello.com/b/ZVrHV38P/apex-tracker

Message 59 of 68 (493 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

When I started playing the game my main was lifeline, to be honest back in those days she was useless a lot, I was searching for another main, and that was Wraith, the biggest reason why I have chosen her was I solo queue all the time, and we all know how that goes 99% so I needed a legend where I can backup quick when it's needed, I never spammed her void ability.

Now that she got her nerf, I stopped, and what happened, it pushed out of my comfort zone and started exploring other legends, and it worked out great, never knew bloodhound is so much fun, I use Bangalore a lot now, and lifeline again.

What I am trying to say is, they took away my main, I never cried because it's going to stay, I started using other legends, and it improved my skill a lot.

Second thing is, I do understand you guys love caustic, but my experience 95% percent of the time is caustic players just spam they barrels and their ult, it gave the wrong impression about caustic players

Again no hate here, and no offense, what I'm trying to say is, if you can only win with one legend or only can rely on one, the problem is not the character, it is you

Message 60 of 68 (449 Views)