Re: Apex legends Caustic nerf

by asukojo

Original Post

Champion
@asukojo I haven't tried before fully expanded. I'll try that in the future.
Message 31 of 68 (719 Views)

★★ Expert
@hayhor Well, isn’t that what the nerf is? That enemies can shoot it anywhere before it fully expands?
Message 32 of 68 (688 Views)

Champion

@Sir_Named 

The exact terminology in the patch notes is as follows:

Caustic

• Enemies can cancel Caustic’s barrel by shooting it before it is fully inflated.

That to me implies it CAN be shot anywhere whilst inflating to be disabled,so I don't think it's a bug at all.

However the inflation time is extremely slow, making the nerf a serious problem for caustic lol.

This in itself I could have lived with, it's inability to throw traps through windows that's bugging me lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 33 of 68 (669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

"It" implied shooting "the bottom"

How can they rever it to the whole barrel ?? Doesn't make sense. 

Probably the Dev and QA didn't clarify so they made the mistake.

Message 34 of 68 (652 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Agreed with op. Revert to how canisters were.

Message 35 of 68 (618 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately not, anywhere on the canister free game until it inflates, stupid.

Message 36 of 68 (604 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just being back season 4 caustic or make the time to inflate half what it is now. 3 seconds to throw and inflate at mid range is stupid.

Message 37 of 68 (603 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Sir_NamedI thought it was before it hits ground or starts getting inflated. That is why I assumed it now rotates. So the bottom of the barrel can be hit in air.

Still tho, anyone throwing a barrel at a person they can shoot is awful anyway. Last night I dropped with another caustic and had no gun. He chucked out multiple barrels while I punched him to death. 😂

Message 38 of 68 (549 Views)

Champion

@hayhor  I've seem this too rofl, you can literally feel the panic from their end. XD

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 39 of 68 (526 Views)

Champion

@hayhor wrote:
@BigBlackCausticAgreed. My win rate went up when I switched from path to caustic in season 4.

The rotating barrels not going thru windows is annoying as hell now tho.

Tell me about it. Actually does my head in how you see it spinning in the air. We saw a trap spin land at an awkward angle so it was like an 70-80⁰ angle, inflate and then NOT set off when an enemy walked right past it.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 40 of 68 (501 Views)