Re: Apex legends Caustic nerf

by noiseyjaxx

Original Post

Champion
@Renegade_Prime86 Caustic has a bad rep because his gas used to slow teammates, which was wrong. They finally fixed that.

All characters, when used by bad players get bad reputations. I cringe every time someone picks octane now.

You are right though, being able to play difference characters is fun. I actually switched to caustic back in season 4 because he made the game fun for me when my teammates proved useless, which was a lot. I'm still having fun with him, I just want the rotating barrel thing switched back.
Message 61 of 68 (545 Views)

Champion

@Renegade_Prime86  I get where you're coming from. Speaking from personal experience though, I don't main any legend...my stats are right spread right across the board.

It isn't a game breaker for me when a legend gets heavily nerfed, however caustic was a legend that required some degree of intelligence to use pre nerf and it made him fun to play as you knew if you messed up you were dead. With this recent set of changes to him though your margin for success drops even more drastically which is kind of annoying.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 62 of 68 (544 Views)

โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜… Apprentice

I agree with op. The nerf should be reduced. It's really makes caustic even more useless/situational to allow his traps to be disarmed before even being armed. In my opinion he is the most niche legend there is. He has a very small tiny specific role to play and thats it. Outside of that it's super difficult to excel with him. 

Message 63 of 68 (483 Views)

โ˜… Novice
wauw 5 damage L๐Ÿ˜‚L this is what you get. when apex community keeps asking for thing to change while they ARE bad at the game ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Message 64 of 68 (396 Views)

โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜… Newbie

It's funny, 2 years have passed and the situation has only worsened. It is immediately clear that developers do not read such forums at all or simply ignore them. Due to recent events, we are waiting for the next patch : "Due to the events in the world, we decided to remove Caustic from the game, because he is Russian"

Message 65 of 68 (326 Views)

โ˜…โ˜…โ˜… Pro

Idea: Keep the ability to blow up a cannister, but when it is destroyed it blows up and all the gas covers that spot for all at once but lingers around for less than  a full cannisters gas release.

Message 66 of 68 (303 Views)

Champion
@DankToliet How about we just go back to the days when his cannisters were small when thrown so you can throw them through windows? Actually this plus the new maps not having good buildings plus the removal of lots of them on KC has been his biggest nerf.
Message 67 of 68 (285 Views)

โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜… Guide

@hayhor Love the idea. Keep the ability to destroy his cannisters so rushers won't complain about having to slow down against him. Give back his ability to toss through windows so he can be a more effective breacher Legend again. Maybe shorten the cooldown on his tactical to account for how easy they are to destroy.

Message 68 of 68 (247 Views)