Re: Apex is such a depressing game

by EdwardDLuffy

Original Post

Apex is such a depressing game

★★ Guide

Never more in my life have I played a more sad game than Apex. No one I know plays this game or is good at it as well as the clubs system being broken, so I ultimately am forced to play with randoms. I could go on endlessly about the trash battle pass, all the broken aspects of the features, bad matchmaking on both ends, laggy servers, hackers, tryhards, etc. etc. So why do I continue to play it? I really will be honest I love the characters and overall gameplay, but unfortunately with most multiplayer games, the experience is often ruined by bugs or in most cases other players. I don't know how you can improve on Apex, it feels movement, accuracy, and overall experience in other shooters is irrelevant here. Basically, if any experienced players could give some tips on how they magically succeed in this hellhouse game or if I can get a squad for ranked/casual, that would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 19 (1,779 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@parstringer To be blunt you don't need to play it, go play other games and if you prefer then stay there, if you love Apex you will come back, nobody is forcing you to play and if you really do find it depressing please do not play it for your own well being.

It's been an escape for me these past couple month, sure it's horrible at times but there is some good, suppose it's all about how you balance the good and bad, I'm about 80% good rest bad some days it's other way round, it's only a game I tell myself but feel ya.
Message 2 of 19 (1,774 Views)

Champion
@parstringer I would suggest maybe taking a break from Apex. If you don't wanna take a break then I'm at a loss.

I know what it's like when you have no one to play the game with lol. What platform do you play on? I usually play as a part of a duo so you could play with us sometime. I wouldn't know what to suggest without knowing how you play.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 19 (1,756 Views)

Champion
@parstringer I'd take a break. Dont do something that makes you feel bad.
Message 4 of 19 (1,751 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@parstringer What makes you think the player bases tips can do anything about laggy servers, hackers and terrible matchmaking?

Once you quit playing you will feel better and I doubt come back. That is what happened to me. Once I quit after season 3 and no improvements to the servers or netcode I never regretted it. The game isn't worth it. They had a great concept and a fun game but they couldn't get the performance thing right.
Message 5 of 19 (1,722 Views)

★★ Guide
@GH0STEDbyME I play on pc, am level 202, and am a wraith main but also do well with caustic or bloodhound. I am a good team player and hope to move up in ranked as I haven’t even bothered playing it seeing as casual pubs are this bad of a state currently.
Message 6 of 19 (1,705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

True facts:

First u get backshot and damaged heavily then the enemies comes to finish u as he know u are damaged but wtf this is not even skill u dint even get a chance to play and u cant escape or get the required recharge

We all know Head on they cant beat s.h.i.t as he dint give u chance to play

This game has no skill as per real life. U call side shooting skill? backshooting skill? 3 vs 1 with no cover skill?

The only skill in Apex Legends is in firing range player that can beat u there can be called skill players

Message 7 of 19 (1,686 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@parstringer true, unfortunately
Message 8 of 19 (1,672 Views)

★ Expert

I don't find Apex depressing at all. Maybe it's because I'm a mundane player?

Message 9 of 19 (1,640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

If you experience lag nothing you do will help you succeed in the game. You are wasting your time. Some players have it easy and the servers are kind to them which make it seem like they're good, but they really aren't. For me the downside to the game outweighs the upside and it just isn't worth playing at this point. I wouldn't torture myself if I were you. This game will not be fixed in spite of all the complaints you see on this forum. It's mind boggling to see the sheer number of threads on here that just get conveniently ignored, but hey, let's create a new legend and a new map and some new skins, maybe that will solve all of the game's problems! 

Message 10 of 19 (1,626 Views)