Re: Apex has got a lot harder in the past couple of weeks!

by lightning_5o

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
@Marge010

It’s entirely possible you’re better than you think (slightly above average). Whatever the case, we’re all chewing each other alive while my boys (who are very casual players; usually never make it above gold 4) are enjoying themselves in relatively calm lobbies. THIS is the anecdotal evidence which leads me to believe what we’re experiencing is intentionally and not a product of the other theory (that casuals are done with the BP and not currently playing).
Message 11 of 17 (2,216 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Cheese9Man I don't really enjoy other games much. Apex is all I play really. Might play cod for a bit but it does get boring
Message 12 of 17 (2,203 Views)

★ Guide

All I know is that SBMM is not actually SBMM, it is just a matchmaking system in place to manipulate the userbase into higher engagement. For example my GF is the epitome of an average player (.8kd). Better than a lot of casuals but not nearly on the level of tryhards that have been playing as long as her (season 0). Lately she has been telling me how much fun she has been having playing both in pubs and ranked. But if she tries to play with me she gets into my lobbies and wants to instantly quit the game forever lol. So unfortunately we never get to play together any longer. I watch her play and it seems so boring, so much less fighting. Maybe finally coming up on a squad, 3rd parties only once in a while in her lobbies. Totally relaxed. When I play it is a completely different game with nonstop fighting and constant 3rd 4th 5th parties. Sometimes I will have a bad set, drop and die a few games in a row and then all of a sudden I go ape on an entire lobby, get double digit kills and around 3k damage. I feel good for a second but then I am like wait a second, was I just playing worse players? I proceed to drop into my next game where the champions, If I am not it, is a 3stack squad of 4k, 20 badges or predators with 10s of thousands of kills. I proceed to get 1 kill in the next game playing my * off lol. And then I have a game where I get 2 kills, same type of lobbies. Then I have 2 games no kills. Suddenly the next game I have 6 kills 2500 damage or so and then back and forth. So I never actually know how good I am at the game vs how much my endorphins are being manipulated by having good games just at the moment I am getting very frustrated. The sbmm in these games is just there to entice engagement and is completely unethical in my opinion. 

Message 13 of 17 (2,188 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Axs5626Sxa5001 Wanna play some time? I’m a masters/pred player my lobbies are absolutely ridiculous so we can party up if you want and help one another out haha. I’m on PC
Message 14 of 17 (2,171 Views)

★ Guide
@Marge010 Funny I took a long long break from the start of this season and just started playing again a few days ago and I’m having the opposite with my games lol. Feels like I’ve been playing against easier opponents now than at the start of the season
Message 15 of 17 (2,138 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Marge010 few theories, if your on ranked, higher ranked people got their placment, and are now smurfing to see how high they go as fast as possible. If your on causal, you have the same problem: people in higher ranks get as high as they can, then say screw it and play causal, but still play sweat, either way the average / for fun player is screwed.
Message 16 of 17 (2,101 Views)

@Marge010 I’ve been feeling the exact same recently.

I’m constantly going up against Platinum, or Diamond players, all with at least 2k Damage Badges, or 5kills per match badges.

I’m a casual player, I don't play Ranked because, i’m not good enough yet.

I still have yet to get a 2k Damage badge.

More and more I’m finding this game is NOT fun anymore…

I am lvl 500, and I have NO reason to continue to play this game.

NO more earning Loot ticks, & My BattlePass is completed (3 weeks before the end of season) so ALL Daily & Weekly challenges are nullified. (No need for them.)

I’ve found myself, for the 1st time since Launch, getting more and more angry at the game.

I constantly get 0 kill games.

I constantly get killed Immediately upon landing, and if I land in a safe area away from a hot drop, I can play the game finally, but the 1st squad we engage with always DEMOLISHES us.

I have ZERO motivation to play this game anymore because, I could’ve been having actual FUN playing other games, like GTA Online, Forza Horizon 4, Need for Speed, Mass Effect, etc.

I enjoy APEX Legends and the Titanfall universe, but I’m no longer having FUN playing a videogame…… (Isn’t gaming supposed to be enjoyable? and a stress reliever in a chaotic dangerous world we live in)

Idk this is just what I’ve been feeling this week.
Message 17 of 17 (2,091 Views)