Apex for Deaf People

by zeno_182

Original Post

Apex for Deaf People

★★ Apprentice

i've seen a lot of badges and initiatives to promote equality and fight discrimination during these years, but what about people with bodily handicap, in particular deaf people? are you planning to implement the function of visual sound (like Fortnite)? thank you.

ps. color blind people can play Apex, but deaf people cannot play Apex, this is not equality, right?

Message 1 of 8 (435 Views)

Re: Apex for Deaf People

Champion
@zeno_182 This is interesting. I'll ask if there is a plan for this. How does it work with fortnite?
Message 2 of 8 (430 Views)

★★ Pro
@hayhor don't know about fortnite,

but in pubg (mobile at least), steps and gunshots shown on the minimap, it circles around the minimap corresponding from which direction.
Message 3 of 8 (418 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@zeno_182 That would interesting to see how they would implement that.
Message 4 of 8 (403 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@zeno_182 As long as it doesn’t get abused by non-PWD players I’m fine with it.
Message 5 of 8 (367 Views)

[ Edited ]

@zeno_182 @hayhor @Cheese9Man fortnite works like a circle in your field of view showing footsteps, shots and all sounds as small specific icons and their direction on the circle face, somewhat similar to the red arrows in apex. 

Being somewhat on the deaf side of things it really helps with play in fortnite as sounds can get very muddied for me, as they do in apex.

It's not a difficult thing to implement into apex, convert sounds into small directional icons, but that said there can be no sounds for footsteps esp when coming from behind in apex, so.......

@Cheese9Man as everyone can use it in fortnite there is no advantage for anyone imo.

@zeno_182 I've played fortnite with the sound off but you cannot do that with apex. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 6 of 8 (356 Views)

May want to give this post some attention: Visual sound indicator for Apex Legends
It's in the Accessibility part of the forums, the place for pulling down the barrier for people with medical differences.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 7 of 8 (299 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Zeelmaekers thank you Party hat

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 8 of 8 (268 Views)