Apex feedback

by ArchNemesis1979

Original Post

Apex feedback

★★★★★ Novice

I just wanted to post a few things that are currently ruining and crippling the snot out of this game. I greatly (maybe past tense) enjoy(ed) the game but after the last few updates some glaring issues have either arrived or have been left unaddressed (PS4):

-Footstep sounds of enemy players, even after supposedly been patched on last update; still remains a CRITICAL bug. The Ninja sound effects in this game is a hindrance to this game for it ever being taken seriously as a "competitive" BR game.

-Gold Armor is bugged still, most times when picked up it doesn't even register as armor.

-Energy Weapons (I.E. Havoc & Devotion) don't register at most times armor and literally chew through it specically with a hop. These two guns are Abosutletly op in comparison to heavy and light ammo weapons from match start to finish and I'm guilty of this abuse.

-Wraiths hit box is still abusive and broken in the element of hit detection, hell most the legends are broken in hit detection but Wraith and Pathfinder are STILL the main culprits!

-Laggy servers: This is starting to get totally out of hand as of late, I've been playing since day one and the last two updates have been a lag fest ever since. Literally 4 out of 5 matches now are bogged down with lag and most times is unplayable with everyone dropping match due to choppy servers!

-Stats not registering after matches: This bug is highly annoying especially after dominating a match, being kill leader, getting winning kill to see that your Wins with squad tracker didn't even register it. I have for example 1 Legend that has 47 wins and is currently missing about 22 wins due to not registering after matches. This bug isn't just common with Wins with full Squad but also Kill counters, etc...

-Gun free areas: This is highly annoying as well, getting drops in areas only to find a gazillion armor, ammo, attachments and not a single gun! By the time you trek to the nearest insulation it's already been looted dry of the guns. Your then stuck at a disadvantage and are better off quitting the match then finding a gun at that point. This happens WAY to frequently for a BR game and is an absolute joke!

These things aren't just idle random glitches but are game breaking mechanics that ruin what could be the BEST BR game to date, why aren't these things being fixed?

Message 1 of 5 (344 Views)

Re: Apex feedback

Community Manager

@ArchNemesis1979 

A lot of the things you brought up are absolutely popular topics within the community and the Apex Legends team touched up on most of these in past check-ins or updates that can be found here

We are tracking (no pun intended) a post on kills/stats not registering in this post below. We'll do what we can to raise more awareness around this.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Apex-Legends-Kills-not-being-fully-registered-after-match/m-p/...

Audio and Hitbox improvements can be found here.

Server performance was mentioned a couple weeks ago here.

We've got our eyes out for feedback on weapon balance, just spoke to another player about the devotion yesterday. The weapon was hardly used in the past so the team made it more easily accessible in games from an update. As more data rolls in and we approach Season 2, expect the Apex team to touch up more on this in the near future regarding what their plans are ahead for weapon balance.

We've seen similar feedback on dropping down to areas where attachments, ammo and armor are plentiful, but weapons aren't. We'll continue to raise RNG feedback to the Apex Legends team. I totally get it though, been in situations myself where all you can do is run away. Confused

We do not have any reports on the Gold armor in these forums. Can you share us a video clip of where you feel it doesn't seem like it's working?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (292 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for your quick response. Love playing the game and looking forward to the aforementioned bugs I listed get fixed. I'll try to capture the Gold Armor glitch in a recording and post it asap.

Message 3 of 5 (259 Views)

★★★ Expert

@ArchNemesis1979 wrote:

I just wanted to post a few things that are currently ruining and crippling the snot out of this game. I greatly (maybe past tense) enjoy(ed) the game but after the last few updates some glaring issues have either arrived or have been left unaddressed (PS4):

-Footstep sounds of enemy players, even after supposedly been patched on last update; still remains a CRITICAL bug. The Ninja sound effects in this game is a hindrance to this game for it ever being taken seriously as a "competitive" BR game.

-Gold Armor is bugged still, most times when picked up it doesn't even register as armor.

-Energy Weapons (I.E. Havoc & Devotion) don't register at most times armor and literally chew through it specically with a hop. These two guns are Abosutletly op in comparison to heavy and light ammo weapons from match start to finish and I'm guilty of this abuse.

-Wraiths hit box is still abusive and broken in the element of hit detection, hell most the legends are broken in hit detection but Wraith and Pathfinder are STILL the main culprits!

-Laggy servers: This is starting to get totally out of hand as of late, I've been playing since day one and the last two updates have been a lag fest ever since. Literally 4 out of 5 matches now are bogged down with lag and most times is unplayable with everyone dropping match due to choppy servers!

-Stats not registering after matches: This bug is highly annoying especially after dominating a match, being kill leader, getting winning kill to see that your Wins with squad tracker didn't even register it. I have for example 1 Legend that has 47 wins and is currently missing about 22 wins due to not registering after matches. This bug isn't just common with Wins with full Squad but also Kill counters, etc...

-Gun free areas: This is highly annoying as well, getting drops in areas only to find a gazillion armor, ammo, attachments and not a single gun! By the time you trek to the nearest insulation it's already been looted dry of the guns. Your then stuck at a disadvantage and are better off quitting the match then finding a gun at that point. This happens WAY to frequently for a BR game and is an absolute joke!

These things aren't just idle random glitches but are game breaking mechanics that ruin what could be the BEST BR game to date, why aren't these things being fixed?

I'm certain that the missing footstep sound is overblown due to people mistaking it for a bug when they got snuck up on.

I sneak up on people every change I get (which is often) to get kills, and i'm sure many of them said "no footstep sounds again dammit" to their squad mates.

I never heard of the gold armor bug, never experienced that myself, neither does any of my friends. Is it possible that it's only a visual thing of the armor not showing?

I saw a video online where you could only see squadmate armor with the map pane open while they were otherwise hidden.

I absolutely agree with your point about the supremacy of the energy weapons, a havoc on pickup is equivalent to a gold R301, but even better. It has the dps of an R99 with the dexterity of a Spitfire, and now that turbochargers are found way more often, their only drawback can often be modded out.

I also strongly agree about your point about the loot algorithm, it happens too often where you spend an insane amount of time looking for some weapon, any weapon, even a p2020 or Mozambique can't be found.

As for Wraith/Pathfinder hitbox, I think Lifeline and Octane can be added to that, shooting them is like trying to hit a thin stick.

Also, tracker issues and latency issues are annoying, but as Blueberry pointed out those issues are being addressed.

Message 4 of 5 (223 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't camp in this game and play aggressively and constantly 360ing my surroundings, so someone literally sneaking up on me crouched isn't the case. Numerous times I've been belted in the back of the head from someone only a few meters behind me when the coast was clear on seconds ago. That's a full sprint to engage and not sneaking. I admire their effort to fix it but it is STILL an issue. Thanks for your response.

Message 5 of 5 (192 Views)