Re: Apex fails - Horizons Downfall

by Luriwan

Original Post

Apex fails - Horizons Downfall

★★★ Newbie

New season is lacking.  I believe the game play you all developed in the past should be incorporated as a choice of game play at all times.  You will see eventually what works if you keep statistics running for all game modes at all times.  The ghost character re-spawn game mode during Halloween with nighttime maps were amazing.  Also the past Christmas train express to capture the train was awesome.  Keep these game modes year round.  The forced game modes are boring and choices provide consumers ability to find what works for them in the game.   However, The new map is less than impressive.  Sound quality in characters are getting worse.  As for the character, too soon.  The only thing I liked was the accent but abilities are not impressive at all.  Instead, start looking back more at old characters which are falling apart due to the poor ability creation.  Fix old characters as the balance between them is making good old characters obsolete.  You are imploding the game play in my humble opinion.  Besides this I highly recommend guns and basic armor at drop or at least again keep a game mode on so that I can choose before I choose a new game.

Message 1 of 7 (329 Views)

Champion
@Luriwan They do work on everything you mention. It is obvious. And they keep track of stats of engagement and such too.
Message 2 of 7 (296 Views)

Champion
@Luriwan They should have more modes like you said it does get a bit boring sometimes. The game has so much potential it's unreal.
-LTMs could be rotated a regular basis.
-We could actually have solos *insert eye roll here*
-Actually have a full map rotation or have only singular maps.

I think they've done pretty well with the map. It is ridiculously open with large empty spaces but I don't think it's that bad.

Out of interest who were you referring to with the old characters?

They should let us drop with a gun and basic armour like they did in that LTM. Surely it only could've had positive reviews. I know it was only a Mozambique but it's better than having to punch / flykick someone that's got a R99 or Volt xD

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 7 (282 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They ought to remove the rotations.  They don’t work.  People don’t want to be forced to minimal options.  Give all options as an availability.  You lose fans in rotations to better new games with a plethora of options.  The map is just nothing impressive in my opinion.  Honestly, my most appreciative moments was the Winter Express and Halloween zombie mode.  Ranking has been a boring mode for sometime and this map makes it more of the same.  As for the old characters which are worthless to play: Pathfinder, Octane, and even Rampart (dead on arrival).  The skills they were given are less than ordinary.   New Horizon abilities are completely stagnant.  They seem forced to sliming the scope of what this game could do.  I disagree I think this game is losing everyone to COD and other games again it becomes monotonous and stale.   Revamp ranking, balance characters, keep all game options on.   Otherwise, Apex on crash course.

Message 4 of 7 (245 Views)

★ Pro
@Luriwan I think battle royal in general is dried now.
Message 5 of 7 (242 Views)

★ Pro
@Luriwan and the problem with apex it seems friendly for casual but they stomp by who play fps 24/7
Message 6 of 7 (236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am sure they do to some extent but if you are expecting valid statistics on what works then no reason to dissatisfy customers with limited options.  No good reason to kill a game mode that may bring variety.  The games monotony is obvious.

Message 7 of 7 (235 Views)