Apex badly needs new game modes

by ShadoWawker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex badly needs new game modes

★★ Guide

Ive played this game over 100 hours. But i havent played at all the last 3 days and still have no desire to play right now

Part of it is just natural burnout from playing a game a lot. Part of it is getting tired of the bad matches and stupid teammates who ruin games. Part of it is just doing the same thing over and over and over again because there is only one mode in the game, squads

I bought the battle pass but kind of regret it now because im not sure if ill have the desire to play enough to finish it. Ive completely lost interest in playing apex and i think respawn needs to add at least one new game mode if not more in order to bring people back who have gotten bored/tired of the game

Since for some inexplicable reason they have no plans for a solo mode at this time (which would be the ideal addition), fine. At the very least add something. Dont just keep making us play one mode even the people who love squads will get bored eventually if they havent already

New guns and legends are ok but they dont diversify or change up the game enough to keep people engaged for long. Add a new mode whether its solos or a different squad based mode or a deathmatch mode or an objective mode please give us something

I dont want to stop playing this game and i dont want to feel like i wasted my money on the battle pass so give me a reason to keep playing. The other thing they could do is add a new map but obviously new modes would be easier, either one would be fine for me. Just do something

Message 1 of 73 (1,708 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex badly needs new game modes

Community Manager

Thread is now locked. 

I would recommend familiarizing yourself with posting guidelines here to avoid potential future account actions.

EACade

View in thread

Message 31 of 73 (1,578 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro

You either play because you like it or you don't.

I've hammered this game and have no desire for new guns or map. I enjoy the game. I don't need doggy treats every few days.

You have over played. That's why you are burnt out. Play something else jeez.

Message 2 of 73 (1,694 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I can certainly say that this post resonates with me. Even though I do enjoy queueing solo and meeting random teammates I don't get a lot of time in the evening to play. When I launch I expect that I will have to sift through a number of non-starters before I get a decent match to roll with and that is not how I want to spend the precious couple of hours I have before I need to go to bed.

It seems silly to me that people would argue against a new mode (such as solos). Other modes do not have any repercussions on the core mode, the player base is still hanging in there well. I've seen people carrying purist attitudes, stating that it's not what the game is about. So what? Even though skill does have an impact, Battle Royales rely on too many unpredictable, unreadable elements to be truly competitive shooters. And that goes extra when the game is lacking skill based matchmaking. It's a FUN game before anything else.

Fun games need stuff. Things. Content. Even more than balance or those silly novelties found in the battle pass. I probably wouldn't roll solo too much but at least I would have some peace of mind knowing that non-team players (who for some reason play team games) would at least be redirected from the mode that I enjoy. There are still more than enough players on PC for both.

I would even take more maps (made for larger or smaller servers idc). It doesn't matter if they looked like they were made by someone who has only had a day of experience with map making. The longer I play the smaller Kings Canyon feels.

P.S. It might be ambitious but what I really want to see are new weapon categories for separate queues. For example a queue that only has explosive weapons. Rockets, grenade launchers, landmines etc. Or a mode with actual melee weapons which come with their own quirks and perks.

Message 3 of 73 (1,684 Views)

★★ Guide

@Silz616 wrote:

I've hammered this game and have no desire for new guns or map. I enjoy the game. I don't need doggy treats every few days.

Your solution is for me to play something else

Great yea that will help me finish my battle pass. The idea of forums is to offer suggestions to make the game better. So your comment "you either play because you like it or you dont" is foolish because by that logic we dont need forums

Developers should just release a game and never update it and never improve it and never add anything is that what you want? I can play if i like it and if not i wont. Does that sound about right to you? 

Im not asking for something every few days this game has been out long enough for there to be a new mode added, by the way there should have been more than 1 mode in the first place no other battle royales launch with just one mode its simply not enough. Even firestorm at least had solos and squads this is basic stuff that they got wrong 

Have i played a lot yes, am i burnt out yes but burnt out on the CURRENT content and game mode. So if they add new content such as a map or a new game mode such as solos i will gladly come back and keep playing. In fact solos would make me probably never leave again 

The point of forums and giving feedback is to improve the game, whether you play it a lot or whether you want to see additions/improvements so you'll come back to it. So dont give me this "you like it or you dont" nonsense.Thats not how games work unless you're still living in 2005

Message 4 of 73 (1,628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

We need a Big Chungas mode where you can only play as Gibraltar but he has other people's abilities like you can pick Wraith Gibraltar or Octane Gibraltar. The point is to have a bunch of fat guys fighting each other and calling each other "bruddah'"

Message 5 of 73 (1,622 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@ShadoWawker wrote:

@Silz616 wrote:

Your solution is for me to play something else

Great yea that will help me finish my battle pass. The idea of forums is to offer suggestions to make the game better. So your comment "you either play because you like it or you dont" is foolish because by that logic we dont need forums

Developers should just release a game and never update it and never improve it and never add anything is that what you want? I can play if i like it and if not i wont. Does that sound about right to you? 

Im not asking for something every few days this game has been out long enough for there to be a new mode added, by the way there should have been more than 1 mode in the first place no other battle royales launch with just one mode its simply not enough. Even firestorm at least had solos and squads this is basic stuff that they got wrong 

Have i played a lot yes, am i burnt out yes but burnt out on the CURRENT content and game mode. So if they add new content such as a map or a new game mode such as solos i will gladly come back and keep playing. In fact solos would make me probably never leave again 

The point of forums and giving feedback is to improve the game, whether you play it a lot or whether you want to see additions/improvements so you'll come back to it. So dont give me this "you like it or you dont" nonsense.Thats not how games work unless you're still living in 2005

I think you took me a bit to literally there. I'll be brief.

Of course I want improvements to the game. Severs lag/de-sync/latency to be sorted asap for one.

I posted in another thread that I'm not fussed if they do give  a solo mode any more. I would hope it helps the squad game mode more, but I'm not sure it will. But if Respawn say no, deal with it. The constant begging on the forum about solos has got tiresome. They know some people want it. If they (Respawn) want to, they will introduce it. I still think some sort of loose matchmaking would help the game more imo.

Some sort of new take on the game mode (a different time setting with a harsher ring sting and quicker timer would be interesting for example), adjustments to hit boxes and maybe a weekly challenge (x amount of headshots and you get x3 or 3 Apex packs or just crafting materials).

These are just ideas and I'm more than prepared to wait for content. I didn't feel the battle pass was worth it so I didn't buy it. I'll wait and see and if nothing at all has changed, then I may join you in complaining.

Not as brief as I'd hoped lol.

Message 6 of 73 (1,595 Views)

★★ Guide

Well i promised to respond here but theres not much left to talk about. You want new stuff and improvements too

I want to see them immediately because the game has been out too long with no new modes. Solos is ideal but anything will be progress

The fact that you think the "begging" for solos has gotten tiresome is proof of how many people want it and how badly they want it. Im certainly not the only one making posts about it

Message 7 of 73 (1,520 Views)

★★ Guide

@prankstar2 wrote:

We need a Big Chungas mode where you can only play as Gibraltar but he has other people's abilities like you can pick Wraith Gibraltar or Octane Gibraltar. The point is to have a bunch of fat guys fighting each other and calling each other "bruddah'"

That would be funny 

Message 8 of 73 (1,515 Views)

★ Guide
I think they need to fix the current map first and balance bullet, weapon out like reduce damage of arc star since its * strong now , its stun and damage at the same time.
- Or more ammo energy ammo per pack since energy weapon is consuming too much ( at least same amount as light ammo)
- Balancing the guns appear in zone plz , sometimes i running like 3 4 mins just to avoid pp and looking for a * GUN .
Message 9 of 73 (1,511 Views)

★★ Guide

Yea i agree with pretty much everything you said

Message 10 of 73 (1,500 Views)