Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: A video that perfectly sums up lack of content in apex

by cobrakev98
Reply

Original Post

Re: A video that perfectly sums up lack of content in apex

★★★★ Novice

You really had to send me a private message and say I should change my name to LittleWuss? I now understand that you are a spoiled 12 year old who is unhappy because he isn’t getting what he wants. 

Message 41 of 73 (300 Views)

Re: A video that perfectly sums up lack of content in apex

★★★★★ Apprentice

@LittleWiss35 wrote:

You really had to send me a private message and say I should change my name to LittleWuss? I now understand that you are a spoiled 12 year old who is unhappy because he isn’t getting what he wants. 


And now i understand that you have no real argument because you didn't address any of the counter points that i made to your original (bad) points

 

You simply went for the easy way out, the low hanging fruit. I didnt have to do that, but i felt compelled because i believe that is an appropriate name for you

 

If i am 12 then you should be nicer to me. Why are you picking on a kid? Perhaps its because you are in fact a little wuss? 

 

Please go back and address the points i made regarding the topic. You came at me with non factual information and now simply avoid it once i call you out for misrepresenting the truth. No answer for that?

Message 42 of 73 (197 Views)
0

Re: A video that perfectly sums up lack of content in apex

★★★★★ Guide

@ShadoWawker wrote:

https://youtu.be/v6E1B_Znm6c

 

This video is made by Driftor, he has excellent points and goes through what many people including myself have been saying about this game

 

It NEEDS new content

 

@Silz616 you should watch the whole thing it'll teach you about gaming and expectations in 2019. Your arguments against adding new content are all wrong and i hope this video will help you realize that


I said I'm done with this subject, but I'll bite one last time.

 

I was not arguing, I was presenting my opinion. You are very quick to tell people they are wrong, or that you destroyed their argument. You're also very quick to call anybody with a different point of view "bad players". Laughable. I also said I want new content and improvements but that I'm prepared to wait.

 

You will also note I said I'm not bothered about them adding solos, as long as it doesn't distract them from the main, core squad game, because I fear if they add solos, you'll be back here crying for balance, loot changes etc.

 

You're so one track minded and blinkered in your opinions that you cannot grasp anybody elses differing point of view. All my points here are summed up in this one post of yours.

 

I watch Drift0r and like his content. Not watched this video but will when I have chance.

Message 43 of 73 (162 Views)
0

Re: A video that perfectly sums up lack of content in apex

★★★★★ Novice

i come from an overwatch background, no complaints about lack of content here sure there could be more content but its a brand new game pretty much content has and will be added, you cant expect them to just come out with a game and then post release have a boatload of content ready

Message 44 of 73 (142 Views)

Re: A video that perfectly sums up lack of content in apex

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SatanicPotato wrote:

i come from an overwatch background, no complaints about lack of content here sure there could be more content but its a brand new game pretty much content has and will be added, you cant expect them to just come out with a game and then post release have a boatload of content ready


I come from Battlefield and R6 Siege and I look at it the same way. Games that I really enjoy don't come along often. So I'm just happy that I'm enjoying Apex. In a way, I don't want to know what content will be coming out. Because I'm confident it will be top notch and I want to enjoy the anticipation. Nerd



I do not work for EA. I'm a volunteer. Angel


If my post was helpful or contained useful information please give XP. Wizard


If my post was very helpful or answered your question 'Accept as Solution'. :eahigh_file:

Message 45 of 73 (139 Views)
Highlighted

Re: A video that perfectly sums up lack of content in apex

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@LittleWiss35 wrote:

 

 

I read the forums once every three days maybe and the front page is at least three posts from you complaining. The problem is you’re th only one on the forums that can’t get over that there will not be solos.



He isnt the only one that cant get over the fact that there arent solo's . I myself have not played the game in about 3 weeks and respawn missed out on my 10 bucks I would have spent on the battle pass if there were solo's. I am not the only one that has stopped playing because of this sole reason. I know about 14 people that have stopped playing until they add solo's and have not purchased the battlepass because of it . Sure its only 14 people that I know stopped and 140 bucks they missed out on , but that is just the people I know I cant imagine how much money they have already missed out on because they wont add a solo mode. 

The thing is majority of us that stopped dont post about it  , and will check back on the forums a couple times a week to see if they added anything to this game ( all this time and last patch was a recent squad member invite ) that is like what 1 day of dev  time?  ....... is no one else asking what they are doing over there?  The problem is all the people that are waiting and checking the forums will very soon  give up and never look back .  June is coming with the rumored release of cyberpunk and if thats true the population of bare bones apex will dwindle  .

Message 46 of 73 (125 Views)

Re: A video that perfectly sums up lack of content in apex

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Easy to say/demand than actually do it.

 

Just like money, the game doesn't grow on the tree. Somebody has to design it, code it, test it, fix the issue, re-test it, repeat until it's perfect. If you ever build a game by yourself, you know, it takes HOURS of sleepless nights!

 

That somebody could be your neighbor/friend/family, who works really hard and deserve to get paid well.

But the game is FREE, how they get pay then? From charity, donation, advertising? No.

So they only way company get paid either from a battle pass or another department subsidy it. 

 

The argument that Fortnite provides more contents update than Apex. Let me ask you this question, your kid asks you to buy so many things, and you nicely say ok but we need to save money to get it and we can't get everything you ask for, then your kid said, hey my friend, his parents give him whatever he asks for immediately, why can't I get same things?  

 

Duhh...if you like your friend's parents so much, why don't you move there, then?

You don't have to stay with us. Then he shut up.

 

Moral of the story: Kids can ask from parents what they want but they need to be realistic, parents work hard to provide the best, kid needs to understand what happens behind the scene to make it happen, be patient and most importantly be grateful.

 

 

Message 47 of 73 (116 Views)

Re: A video that perfectly sums up lack of content in apex

★★★ Apprentice
Apex has made it clear that this is a team game and it will continue to be a team game. If solo is what you are looking for, you will have to find it in a different game.
Message 48 of 73 (111 Views)
0

Re: A video that perfectly sums up lack of content in apex

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@cobrakev98 wrote:

@LittleWiss35 wrote:

 

 

I read the forums once every three days maybe and the front page is at least three posts from you complaining. The problem is you’re th only one on the forums that can’t get over that there will not be solos.



He isnt the only one that cant get over the fact that there arent solo's . I myself have not played the game in about 3 weeks and respawn missed out on my 10 bucks I would have spent on the battle pass if there were solo's. I am not the only one that has stopped playing because of this sole reason. I know about 14 people that have stopped playing until they add solo's and have not purchased the battlepass because of it . Sure its only 14 people that I know stopped and 140 bucks they missed out on , but that is just the people I know I cant imagine how much money they have already missed out on because they wont add a solo mode. 

The thing is majority of us that stopped dont post about it  , and will check back on the forums a couple times a week to see if they added anything to this game ( all this time and last patch was a recent squad member invite ) that is like what 1 day of dev  time?  ....... is no one else asking what they are doing over there?  The problem is all the people that are waiting and checking the forums will very soon  give up and never look back .  June is coming with the rumored release of cyberpunk and if thats true the population of bare bones apex will dwindle  .


I still think Respawn hold all the key information. Only they know how many have quit, how many are logging in weekly. You are just guessing with a limited test pool. How many other players have kept playing and don't post about it?

 

Cyberpunk is nothing like Apex. Apex is a F2P online PvP only. Sure Cyberpunk 2077 is new and shiny and has a campaign, and will attract players, but who's to say those players won't get bored of that within 2 months?

 

If you don't like what Apex is, and has planned. Do your talking with your feet/wallet. come back in a month or 2 and see what's changed.

 

All this "I'm leaving if no solo" and "I know loads of people who have quit". That won't get you what you want. Stamp feet, spit dummy all you want. Respawn have the data, server space info and current playerbase. Maybe they are happy with where they are at. Maybe the game as is is making plenty and the majority are happy.

 

New content will come. If you are not prepared to wait, walk.

Message 49 of 73 (108 Views)

Re: A video that perfectly sums up lack of content in apex

★ Apprentice

That was my point . Not sure how you missed it . I did " my talking with my feet/wallet"  . I do not like the progress of content so i did walk .  So have many others that I know of . Telling people that if you are not satisfied  with bare bones products to find a new product will only leave you with a crappy product.  You are correct that only repsawn know the true numbers so its on them. If they are happy with whoever is leaving then good on them. 

The core of the issue is  the sad excuse of the gaming industry has breed a generation of people just like you with the mindset that a unfinished product is acceptable. No other industry can get away with this . Would you pay 700 bucks for a couch you will get in 3 months and then have to wait another 4 months to get the cushions ?

I understand that it is a FREE game so before you say that let me say I get it . I also get that these developers need to make money and get paid for this free game so all the work they put in and all of the content they add is to try and get people to spend optional money on the game. To me at least it does not show  , the only thing I see at the moment is they want that optional money by giving the minimum viable product. 

 

For anyone unfamiliar with the MVP ( minimum viable product ) of business  , its one of the worst practices a business can have , and rarely if ever works out well for them in the end.

Message 50 of 73 (88 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help