Apex Store - Honest Discussion

by Allen_Booth

Original Post

Apex Store - Honest Discussion

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I want to start this thread by highlighting that I purchased the $30 founder pack and an additional $10 in Apex coins.  

The Apex Store currently is, by far, the worst aspect of this game entirely. The prices are absurd and there sincerely is no sense of equivalent exchange for what you spend your money on.  Companies need to make money, yes. However the method in which the company has chosen is already viewed as Shady in the gaming community. It's a blatant way to exploit peoples desire for what content they want in game.  There's a reason some legislatures have even considered outlawing loot boxes due to their appeal to gambling, but luckily for your company nothing has come to pass.   It's not a modest or respectable form of business. 

The Bottom Line

It actually hurts to consider purchasing anything further from this game due to it's blatant desire to over charge its consumers.  I've thrown down $100 for founders packs for games such as "Paragon" a MOBA that eventually got pulled by Epic games because they wanted to focus on fortnite, but at the time they gave you seniority icons, guaranteed skins for every future champion to be released.  You invested in their product and they healthily rewarded you for it.  A individual could spend $100 on the Apex store and get literally nothing they wanted and just have to repeat.  It's absolutely sickening that there is that much greed built into this store model.  

I truly enjoy the game, but I can not realistically consider supporting this game further financially as it feels like I'm being spit on when I make a purchase. 

Message 1 of 1 (51 Views)