Re: Apex Store - Honest Discussion

by Allen_Booth

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@omgwtfgg503

I don't think you actually read my post. As stated it's expected for any developer to make money. However the cost simply isn't fair and loot boxes are a very bad business practice.

"A now-deleted thread on reddit made the rounds a few days ago cataloguing the plight of a guy who spent $500 on loot boxes to try and get the ultra-rare Wraith “heirloom” set, thinking that with guaranteed legendaries every 30 boxes, he’d be bound to get it. He didn’t." - This directly citing Forbes who has called EA on how terrible their loot boxes are.

Message 11 of 26 (767 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, def need it to be gauranteed items that you PTW for. Considering this game was free I wouldn't mind buying some skins and stuff, as long as they are guaranteed. Belgium has already banned lootboxes for real money

Message 12 of 26 (759 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It';s not as if this conversation is going to make them stop selling lootboxes. The Only thing which will make them adopt a different approach to the store is a drop in player numbers.

Message 13 of 26 (759 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Shigurui-7

The purpose of this thread is so that someone amongst their team can see a continued growing population of people displeased with their services. EA has a bad reputation already for bad micro transactions stores. Even though this game is free the desire of wanting to purchase in game content is offset by how little you get in return for your money.

You're right. Only people boycotting the company will show some actual concern. Currently they're still prospering from the newness of the game and the likelihood of it changing soon is minimal, but the consumer complaints should still be noted.
Message 14 of 26 (747 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@vivalavidature

I totally agree.
Message 15 of 26 (719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

It's just how you look at it. I see it as a free to play game in which you really don't have to spend 1 cent if you don't want. But if you like it you can donate money in an amount of what you think the game is worth and in return you get some free random stuff.

But the founders pack...nah I didn't like that. €30 for only €20 worth of apex packs and a few skins or banners which I don't like. Glad I did researche before buying Standard smile

Message 16 of 26 (707 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@FantasyFreak1988

Sure. That's a given. People can just never invest money into the game if they don't want to.

However, my desire is to have a nice experience when purchasing things in the store. It should feel painful to get a cool skin you've wanted because you know in your mind that $20 for a single virtual skin is overpriced.

I understand they're trying to build scarcity with their product so it seems like it has higher value, but overall in the long wrong it's a blatant rip off. No game should require a single player dumping $500+ into it for virtual cosmetics.
Message 17 of 26 (692 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
No in the end if you really want it all it's too expensive but I doubt how many players will do that. I'm sure I don't because you can buy a lot of new full priced games for that money.

And yes I agree the weapon and character skins are too overpriced with the 1800 apex coins aka €18/$18. I don't understand the price. If it was €1 or €0,79 like in the old days of skins-dlc that I (and I think a lot of people) even may think about buying some of that things in the store. But now I think someone really needs help if they buy a skin for €18. :')
Message 18 of 26 (685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@FantasyFreak1988

That's the tragedy and internal struggle I'm having with the current situation. I want the game to prosper and see more development, but I don't want to support a business model that I sincerely despise. With 25 million players taking attention to Apex there's really no need for EA to be overly greedy in their business model (which they have god a bad rep for) and not give reasonable priced content.

We can only hope they give some love to those who purchased the founders pack and some coins in the beginning stage later on so their initial investment feels worth it. As mentioned if they gave an extremely good deal for $100 I would pick it up today, but all the reviews of people wasting the $100 now have been highly disappointed and don't recommend people wasting their money.

I would there is some community manager or someone directly connected with the community that could actually pass this feedback on. I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY, but it has actually FEEL WORTH IT. 

Message 19 of 26 (673 Views)

★ Guide
Yea, the pricing is madness IMO, I played the game and really enjoyed myself so I thought I'd drop some money on it to show my support, but when I went to the store and saw what I could get I just laughed and said F that. Coming from a time where $60 would get you a single player campaign, multiplayer and a ton of cosmetic stuff (even if it has to be unlocked) to $60 getting 3 skins and change (on top of the very good but still simple multiplayer) is mind boggling to me.

I'll be waiting to see if the battlepass is reasonable because I do want to support the game but for now it feels like they don't want my money...
Message 20 of 26 (662 Views)