Re: Apex Store - Honest Discussion

by Allen_Booth

Original Post

Apex Store - Honest Discussion

★★★ Apprentice

Disclaimer: I purchased the $30 founders pack and $10 worth of Apex coins. 

The Apex store is, by far, the worst element of the game entirely.  Companies need to make money, yes.  However the method EA chose is sincerely not respectable and the prices are not a fair means of equivalent exchange.  There's a reason why some legislators have actually considered outlawing loot boxes due to their appeal to gambling and exploiting peoples desires for content they want in a game. 

I would happily throw down $100 for a founders pack that gave me guaranteed skins for every champion upon release, some sense of seniority icon, and suitable decorations for the investment. However it's actually painful to consider spending anymore money on this game in its current form.  

The bottom line

I love the game. It's sincerely unique, but the I will not give this game another dollar until they adopt some modest and respectable forms of transactions for content. 

Message 1 of 26 (1,124 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Best way to say this acctually nor buying these said loot boxes. So maybe they will understand and change to one of the another methods.

Message 2 of 26 (1,107 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Allen_Booth wrote:

Disclaimer: I purchased the $30 founders pack and $10 worth of Apex coins. 

The Apex store is, by far, the worst element of the game entirely. 

So......... you spent money into the game and now you're crying because their bussiness model is "unfair" ?

Hell yes it is ! Lootboxes are cancer ! It kills games ^^

But one thing we can't blame them for is false advertising, you knew what you were buying so what with the whining now ?

Message 3 of 26 (1,097 Views)

★★★ Guide

I take it you didn't get what you wanted from the loot boxes 

Message 4 of 26 (1,092 Views)

★★ Apprentice

At least you cant get duplicate items. It's a free game with cosmetics in loot boxes. Unlike another shooter I know of that you have to buy, and then open loot boxes to get skins. 

Message 5 of 26 (1,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Braergor 

Such dialogue has no genuine benefit. Attempting to berate someone for a consumer complaint only highlights your personal toxicity. As whether or not it's "false advertisement"  is irrelevant as that was never the point being made. (Although some have taken into question their ratios being valid after not receiving epic items after 30 boxes) 

The point remains the same. There was not fair value for the money spent. It's a pretty straight forward concern.  

Message 6 of 26 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@shizukuukuzihs 

Yes. That's the only potential positive element of their system. No duplicates.  

However, in order to get to a point in which you're not getting constant garbage unlocks you'll easily dump $200 before you start to get to the point you can craft the desired items you want or get lucky enough to achieve them. 

The issue isn't about a company making money off a game, but the current price system is entirely absurd for what they're giving. 

Message 7 of 26 (1,069 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok, please stop me when i become toxic :

1 - you spent money in the game, knowing exactly what you were buying, lootboxes

2 - you come here to oppose this game's unfair bussiness model

I may have been sarcastic, but you should be able to see the logical error in your approach. You're the kind to drive a Hummer and support ecologists against global warming ?

Some could also argue your topic should be named : "Apex store - Another discussion" considering the high number of topics blaming Ea / Respawn for their bussiness model. Tongue out

Message 8 of 26 (1,059 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Your first point is a mere assumption. I bought the founders pack and didn't realize how little content $40 would provide. The latter point is correct.

Your analogy is in no shape or form relevant to the conversation at hand. As I didn't purchase the in game currency to help support the this specific business model and was unaware of how drastically low they provided for what you paid. Hence the post and me vowing to not spend any further funds supporting such a model.

Lastly, If there is indeed many people with similar troubles boycotting the store may prove effective long term. I will ignore a game I enjoy to help squelch a big companies greed.
Message 9 of 26 (1,047 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Doesnt CS_GO do the same thing with weapon skin boxes? And they have like... 100$ skin boxes? and its RNG slot machine too...

and dont some ppl make a living off that? 

Oh yeah, that's a difference isnt it.... the skins actually have a monetary value that the buyer can resell for cash.... 

What a crazy idea...

Message 10 of 26 (1,028 Views)