Apex Preds in Bronze Lobbies

by ThickGrape

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Preds in Bronze Lobbies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

Why are there so many preset or and master ranked players in bronze lobbies? I was in gold III last split, and now I am Bronze I. I booted up to play for the first time this split as bronze I and 7/7 matches all had pred/master trails and people with apex predator badges. What gives? Needless to say I got destroyed over and over when I faced them lol they were really good and I was pugging. They all had partners with similar qualifications. 

ThiccccGrape

Message 1 of 13 (1,563 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Preds in Bronze Lobbies

Champion
@ThickGrape No one has a dive trail from season 7. Season 7 hasnt finished. And E9 is right in this. What happens is the old preds stopped playing ranked but kept their dive trail. They then occasionally play ranked for easier games or when they want to pop off, never really ranking up so they can do it each season.

View in thread

Message 12 of 13 (1,648 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@ThickGrape Very normal thing. A lot former preds stop doing ranked after so long. So they was de-ranked down to silver/bronze. So just because of former ranks previous season does not cancel them out to same de-ranking system.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 13 (1,559 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the quick reply!!! However, I am still confused about the dive trail. If it only lasts one season. There’s no way you derank from master/pred to bronze or silver in one season. What I am trying to see is wouldn’t it be impossible to have a master/pred dive trail in a bronze lobby? Or am I missing something?

TG

Message 3 of 13 (1,554 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 4 of 13 (1,553 Views)

Hero
@ThickGrape Series 3 and lower we all got to keep our trails. They did not follow the new rules of removing each season.

Message 5 of 13 (1,549 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So you’re telling me that for seven games straight there were numerous (3-10) master and preds that played bronze rating while I did per match that were playing since season 3? Seems kind of weird tbh. Butttttt it is the beginning of the season.

Message 6 of 13 (1,541 Views)

Hero
@ThickGrape Conor does not mess around i assure you doing this glitch would have you in trouble real fast.

Now master trails can also be obtained in these lobbies. There are splits and it follows the highest rank earned. So with that comes they was de-ranked. Could of even been de-ranked for end of season split and the start of this seasons split.

Message 7 of 13 (1,539 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I do t fully understand how u go from being ranked master or pred in season seven with a dive trail. Then, at the split, be in a bronze lobby. You wouldn’t derank that much in one split without the glitch. And it was happening a lot today. 

Message 8 of 13 (1,530 Views)

Hero
@ThickGrape De rank hits you hard. You do not just go down 1 ranked level.

Example Start of this season split I was plat 4. I stop doing ranked due to disliking the map. On split the other day I was bumped down to silver.

So yes skipping ranked on 2 splits will indeed put you in low ranks. They could of obtained their master or pred rank on the first split last season and stop doing ranked. This bumped them down to plat/gold. Then skipping the start of the season split until the other day will downgrade them even more. Therefore placing them in bronze/silver/gold lobbies.

Message 9 of 13 (1,522 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

But the dive trail is from season 7. It’s a season long dive trail which suggests that they were either master/pred in season 7. Making it impossible to derank to bronze/silver/ or even gold for that matter. 

TG

I was gold three and derank To bronze I.

Message 10 of 13 (1,506 Views)