Re: Apex Legends with keyboard and mouse

by benjamineyoung

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

I wouldn't risk my profile getting reported every day. xD 

You can see who is using m&k in spectator mode. Good luck to these guys.

I would like native support and crossplay.

Message 61 of 71 (577 Views)

★ Guide

By this logic no pc player should ever complain about aimbots...it's literally the same concept..

"I'm not good with a controller so I'll use kbm"

"I'm not good at aiming so I'll use aimbot" 

What's the difference? One gives you a mechanical advantage and one gives an advantage via code...

In one scenario you make a mechanical change to "be comfortable" because you can't aim with sticks

In the other scenario you added code...

What if I was bad at Target acquisition? Am I allowed to hotkey script that insta turns onto enemy? 

What if I could get a seizure from the quick screen rotation? Am I allowed to hotkey a 180 turn script? 

Changing console controls so pc players can feel "comfortable" is a sorry cop out for not putting in the time and effort to play console

Message 62 of 71 (568 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@DontSilenceMe wrote:

By this logic no pc player should ever complain about aimbots...it's literally the same concept..

"I'm not good with a controller so I'll use kbm"

"I'm not good at aiming so I'll use aimbot" 

What's the difference? One gives you a mechanical advantage and one gives an advantage via code...

In one scenario you make a mechanical change to "be comfortable" because you can't aim with sticks

In the other scenario you added code...

What if I was bad at Target acquisition? Am I allowed to hotkey script that insta turns onto enemy? 

What if I could get a seizure from the quick screen rotation? Am I allowed to hotkey a 180 turn script? 

Changing console controls so pc players can feel "comfortable" is a sorry cop out for not putting in the time and effort to play console

. sure. aimbot = mouse and keyboard 

Message 63 of 71 (560 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yesss Please. Make it vs other KBnM when you do the crossplatform!!! I love my setup and would like to use my KBnM with more games this game would be amazing with this support. Thanks again!

Message 64 of 71 (557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@full951 not  equal but the same...

By the same I mean in terms of logic or reasoning for allowing it. 

Some people aren't good with sticks so we should allow them to just upgrade to more precise controls? So we are saying you don't have to practice...just use superior input since your "comfortable" with it

What's the difference with aimbot? Some is trash at aiming so they should get to upgrade to a more efficient aim system...why practice aiming and tracking if I can just run superior scripts since that would make me "comfortable"...

Ppl who want to play kbm on console are just lazy and don't want to go through the learning process of playing controller

This guy has no hands yet has figured out a way to play with a comtroller...yet you ppl are trying to tell me you "can't" play controller?

https://youtu.be/WzhXyPWdFuE

Here's another guy playing high lvl fortnite with no hands? Possible one of the most input demanding console games ever...you will use every single button in every single game of fortnite...yet you can't play APEX on a controller? 

https://youtu.be/5jmnEvKa0Qw

Y'all have GOT to be kidding me

Message 65 of 71 (552 Views)

★★★★ Guide

ah. you see the value of universal perifial compatability. so do the console manufacturers and devs. 

Message 66 of 71 (524 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
It would be better
Message 67 of 71 (473 Views)

★ Novice

Lol. Who in their right mind would pay 700 for a ps4? It was 350-399 day 1 release! Also a PC is not more cost effective than a console, not one bit. Dont get me wrong I'd love a high end PC. But I use a TV and console, and if I was to buy a PC instead of a ps4, that would have worked well then aswell as future proof games until now I'd be looking at a few grand including all the peripherals. Whereas console will run all its games at the same quality and if not improve over an 6-8 year period.

Message 68 of 71 (434 Views)

★ Pro

Play the console game the way it was intended on a console... with a controller... i got a console to have a relaxed gaming environment. We DO NOT ever need MnK support on any game, on any console... 

Message 69 of 71 (424 Views)

★★ Novice

I can only imagine how bad it would be playing this on a i3 with on boards. In fact I can’t see it ever happening. I can’t imagine you could play this properly on anything less than 4gb vram and really 6 is still low. The jaguar cpu double utilising ram in a PS4 means it’s pretty hard for anything to get close to it for anywhere near the same price. All games need keyboard and mouse support now or Sony need to stop xim adapters working. This is why I moved to pc the playing field is no longer fair and equal on PS4 to many people using scuf and XiMs that anyone playing fair is at a serious disadvantage 

Message 70 of 71 (379 Views)