Apex Legends too stressful? Unhealthy?

by Ingeniekey

Original Post

Apex Legends too stressful? Unhealthy?

★★★★★ Guide

Both my teammates jumped off map - couldnt take the pressure of fighting the team I pushed. They simply gave up.

Is this game so incredibly exhausting and stressful to people they rather just not play or even try?

Is the game so easily pitched against you that you just rather quit just to save time?

"Oh, we lost one, we might as well leave".

Message 1 of 5 (701 Views)

Re: Apex Legends too stressful? Unhealthy?

★★★ Expert
@Ingeniekey There could be one of three things going on here. Or some combination. You tell me if any of this sounds likely:

Thing one: This game has a lot of players who don't care about the match, they just care about some particular thing they want to get out of a particular match and if they think they're not going to get it then they quit.

Thing two: Sometimes squadmates just have different goals for the match, or different methods of trying to achieve a goal. Some players, when they sense this mismatch, just give up and move on.

Thing three: Sometimes very experienced players will behave with shock and incredulity when their squadmates behave in ways that seem to the experienced player to be completely at odds with effective strategy. Sometimes these experienced players express their shock and incredulity in some subtly mean-spirited ways. Sometimes they will not be so subtle and will launch into profanity-laced tirades. And their squadmates, sensing displeasure and not wanting to be the cause, will leave.

Yes, we all know thing one is real. We've all witnessed it. Thing two is also very real. I experience it almost every time I play the game because my strategies and play style are not derived from an approved meta.

But thing three is trickier. Communication, which takes many many different forms in this game, is a powerful influence on every player. I often find myself wanting to say to my squadmates, wtf are you doing? If you're the kind of player who not only wants to say that, but actually does say it out loud into your live mic, then that could also be a part of your problem. It's just a guess, based on the tone of voice I sometimes get from some of your posts. You don't seem to be the kind of person who suffers fools lightly, and I sympathize. I don't either. But talking down to squadmates is never helpful, and berating them is even worse. If that's what you do. If you don't, and I'm reading too much into stuff, and you're a regular stand up guy who never goes off on your team for doing idiotic things, then I apologize and stand corrected. It's just something to think about.
Message 2 of 5 (538 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@IngeniekeyYeah that’s unfortunately the pubs experience. After 3 years I just learned not to care about my teammates if they leave or do something weird. Playing in rank “somehow” and most of the time removes the aspect of insta quitting teammates.

On the other hand, a death should count if you leave and should be implemented by Respawn. If you didn’t know, a lot of people are insta quitting when they’re downed because quitting doesn’t give a death in your KDR. You’ll be shocked how many people care about a number that only you yourself can see. I’m still a fan giving a 2-3min penalty to these kids. That’s long enough to at least say stop doing it and short enough for people to join in on the game again.

Reconzero made an amazing reply on why people quit and it’s basically the non-congruence of game style or goals in the game. This is also the same thing in all multiplayer games where you need to rely on teammmates like overwatch, dota, league and even pokemon unite.

Message 3 of 5 (520 Views)

★ Guide
@Ingeniekey "Both my teammates jumped off map - couldnt take the pressure of fighting the team I pushed."

I need context on that lol

Did you just push a team alone and get wiped out instantly?
Did you push a team in mid fight and they just refused to push?
What's the context of the push?

But more on topic...it can be exhausting and stressful, but it truly depends on many factors.
Message 4 of 5 (508 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

JUMPED off the map! LOL

It's bloody stressful with all the bloody cheating going on making it so insanely unfair to play!

I feel like I should jump off maybe! LOL

Message 5 of 5 (464 Views)