Apex Legends on PS5

by Oridzinalee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends on PS5

★★ Novice

Hello Legends, as you may know PS5 is coming out this year, so I have few questions to ask. 

1.I'm sure Apex Legends will be available on PS5, but to be sure, I would like to someone confirm this 100%.

2.If I get PS5, can I use same account from PS4, or I will be starting with new account?

(I dont want to lose all skins and stuff from Season 1 till PS5 come out)

3.If I choose to buy PC instead, is there any way to transform my Apex account from console to PC, and use it normally?

Thank you! Nerd

Message 1 of 19 (44,730 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends on PS5

Community Manager

Those are all very good questions, but we don't have any official word on them. 

For your 3rd question, it's not something that's possible right now, and we've said in the past that we won't be able to implement cross-progression. 

While we don't have anything official yet, it's worth noting that in an article from last year, Mark Cerny mentioned that the PS5 will have backwards compatibility with PS4 games, which is a good indicator for now. 

How exactly the transition between generations plays out is yet to be seen, but we'll be sure to let folks know if and when any steps need to be taken. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (44,702 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Those are all very good questions, but we don't have any official word on them. 

For your 3rd question, it's not something that's possible right now, and we've said in the past that we won't be able to implement cross-progression. 

While we don't have anything official yet, it's worth noting that in an article from last year, Mark Cerny mentioned that the PS5 will have backwards compatibility with PS4 games, which is a good indicator for now. 

How exactly the transition between generations plays out is yet to be seen, but we'll be sure to let folks know if and when any steps need to be taken. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 19 (44,703 Views)

★★ Novice

this will likely determine weather i buy a ps5 or not as i mainly use my ps4 soley for apex as i have a high end pc too but friends play on ps4 , id be happy if the graphics remain the same and we can just take advantage of the higher framerate ps5 offers...crossplay between xbox and ps5 would be a bonus for queu times too

Message 3 of 19 (41,744 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@inslaine I would bet my inheritance that it’ll be on next gen. I have no doubt whatsoever that it won’t be on next gen. You gotta think about this from 3 sides:

1) one of the most played competitive online games of the year (albeit since there are only vastly older games to be played otherwise

2) it’s making the consoles money. Either by way of subscription (xbox live... dunno if you need ps+ to play) or sub + skins.

3) back compat is already confirmed on both consoles so you’ll either play it on a virtual ps4 or native ps5.

But look what they did for GTA5... another generation/console that has that years old game coming to it... updated of course, but still. You think Respawn will just sit back and do nothing for their golden goose? Yes, we all ‘see’ the laid back attitude, but if new consoles launch with 120fps ready/4K set capabilities & they don’t update their game to run at least 60fps on consoles... a new online mp that sets itself apart from the rest will take it’s spot
Message 4 of 19 (41,710 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello David!

It is already September, PS5 is really coming soon.

Do you have updates for 2nd question from original post?

In my view it is important point to whole PS4 APEX Legends community cause noone would like to lose account progress after update from PS4 to PS5.  

I think everyone expect that cross-platform account progress is impossible but inside Sony ecosystem account progress must be saved.

Thanks in advance! 

Standard smile

Message 5 of 19 (35,000 Views)

Champion

@Ibirby2  Your EA account is linked to your PSN account, so if you upgrade to PS5 and transfer your ps4 account across to PS5 also then logically speaking your EA account and all progress recorded on it will also follow.

Obviously this hasn't been confirmed officially but for it to work any other way would be ludicrous frankly.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 19 (34,960 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_David Hi David,

Do we have any update on this? I don't want to spend any money on the Aftermarket event if I'm going to lose it next month.

Thanks!
Message 7 of 19 (33,601 Views)

★ Novice

Anch io vorrei saperlo con ansia , ora c’è l evento di halloween e qualcosa lo prenderei ma se poi perdo il mio account addio Apex e mi dispiacerebbe moltissimo, chi ha news ???

Message 8 of 19 (31,805 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can someone please find this out cause this is the decider of wether I get a next gen console or not.

Message 9 of 19 (31,576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@StanleyDaBombYou have internet... xD

Also it’s been stated on other threads on these forums. I think even mod made ones.

Message 10 of 19 (31,569 Views)