Re: Apex Legends has arguably the most disappointing shooting experience

by Aegis_Kleais

Original Post

Apex Legends has arguably the most disappointing shooting experience

★★★★ Novice

It's just an inadequately long TTK in the game. You literally need a couple of shops to destroy the enemy, because ADAD spam and it is physically impossible to hit the enemy with all the bullets even with a very good aim. We add here also ballistics with a rather slow flight of the bullet, which adds randomness when hitting opponents, because again ADAD spam. And even though you successfully punched the enemy from the first clip, say at 140 hp, he can use the escape ability or go behind cover and while you are pushing him he has already managed to heal.

In this game, it is simply impossible to kill players based on accuracy, reaction. The game does not allow you to just take and kill the player, it wants all shooting to turn into an exchange of damage and healing resources. It does not allow you to make a clutch 1 versus 2 and even more against versus 3, because the TTK is too long, while you take a couple of seconds to disassemble the enemy, your clip will run out and you will have to change to another weapon, and this time and by this time you will already be dead.

This is some kind of MMORPG, not a shooter. Just a complete disappointment. I just don’t understand how you can win shootouts in this game, I don’t understand how to guarantee to kill players here. You just end the game with 1-2k damage and at best 1-2 kills and often zero. It's so stupid. With the same success I can go shoot at targets in the shooting range.

Any tips, hints, I just want to do more kills, I don't want to play a hit and damage simulator.

Message 1 of 28 (1,976 Views)

★ Guide

Season 5 brought new netcode lag that has made the game miserable for me.

Enemies take an INORDINATE amount of damage. I take an INSANELY little amount. I constantly take damage after I've rounded a corner. I die in what feels like a Battlefield V "Super Bullet' (when damage aggregates up and applies all at once).

Right now, EVERYONE and their grandmother are godshots, capable of identifying you, aiming, firing on full auto and hitting you with 80-100% accuracy from 100+ feet away. 

I don't think Respawn is intelligent enough to fix this issue. They're QA has taken insane hits since quarantine and remote development.

Movement? Movement feels great in this game. Gunplay? It's the epitome of RNG thanks to worthless coding.

Message 2 of 28 (1,965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Quite recently there was a case when first they knock me down and only then the enemy opens the door. This is just incredibly disappointing. Also, I'm not sure, but it feels like the bullets from the weapon fly out with a slight delay, because when I shoot literally point-blank shots at a fast-moving enemy, they simply do not count.

I do not understand. I go to the Valorant and hit 20-30 kills. I go into fortnite and start to dominate opponents simply by accurate shooting. At Overwatch, I recently picked up a diamond while playing hitscan characters. But in Apex I feel like total s**t. Every day I have more and more desire to brave this game and go to the same fortnite , simply because recently I started to like the genre of battle royale.

Message 3 of 28 (1,954 Views)

Champion

@Defox11  I've switched to rogue company for the remainder of this apex season as after 5 seasons of grinding I really needed a break lol.

Honestly it's a breathe of fresh air, it has the competitive elements of apex that I do like, but without all the drawn out combat. The servers run much smoother, next to no NoReg, the audio is crisp and the only time you'll struggle to track an enemy is when there's explosives going off somewhere. There is literally no weapon meta,the balancing is really nice.

I'm really hoping that when respawn open this apex dedicated studio they take a long hard look at their creation and say "yup, definitely room for improvement here". As apex as a game has soooo much potential to be a real classic.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 28 (1,894 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Defox11 it's not bad or disappointing, its the player base.

i.e. corrupt ea/eac agenda to back cheaters, zoomers and out of shape boomers sucking on dads nips for credit cards to cheat, I'll never understand how it's 'fun' to be a robotic nothing, talentless, and never known for anything because you didn't accomplish anything in a match, even if you won. I've never cheated in a game and I can tell it's not fun in the slightest to sweep up other people who don't have cheats to think I'm good, when really they have no skill or talent.

Find a sens that works for you and move your heavy * greasy hands, stop paying chinese devs every month. So hilarious to me that these privileged cali kid leeches are crawling to their dads every month to pay chinese devs for cheats on a free battle royale game, and some of them are probably 40 years old. You did this NA Apex playerbase.
Message 5 of 28 (1,889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@MandatoryIDtagapex had potential, tbf it's looking like a cheat shitstorm from here on out, kids have zero ambition now. the olympics in 20 years will be some zoomer complaining and his mom doing the competition for him

and you laugh, but im talking about you leeches. if you enjoy Apex at least be good at Apex .. double-clicking an aimbot program isn't a skill

Message 6 of 28 (1,883 Views)

★★ Guide
@Defox11 gotta give the lesser players a fighting chance.
Otherwise you'll end up with a Titanfall experience where the players with better reaction, aim, and movement get massive stacks of kills while others exist solely to be farmed.
This is why apex appeals to so many players because they get to make tons of mistakes and shurg it off with a heal.
Message 7 of 28 (1,841 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Defox11 If you want to play a game with low ttk, I suggest you play CS/Valorant(if on PC) or Warzone if you are looking for a BR. Apex is fine as it is, the only problem is poor servers and awful bugs that take a whole season to get fixed.
You are basically asking to undo everything that this game is i.e. complaining about abilities, healings, strafing. If you can't kill someone cuz he is 'Strafing', well try firing range.
Message 8 of 28 (1,783 Views)

Champion
@Defox11 1 to 2k damage and 1 to 2 kills? Do others get your kills? I honestly dont see this often and when I do the person wth lower damage usually has the kills.

Personally I enjoy the ttk on this game. It allows opportunities for excellent comebacks and flanking maneuvers. If you want faster play warzone. One shot downs and pummel people on the back nonstop.
Message 9 of 28 (1,766 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@hayhor
Just did 2k damage in my match prior to posting this only to finish with 2 kills since the last hit dictates who gets the elimination.
It's definitely a roll of the dice when 3 people are firing on the same target.

Message 10 of 28 (1,744 Views)