Re: Apex Legends has a serious leaver problem.

by NaRnIaaa

Original Post

Apex Legends has a serious leaver problem.

★★★ Newbie

People are leaving games in every single game I get in, whether it be at the beginning of the match or after they go die by themselves and leave. There is no penalty currently, and it's a serious issue for the playerbase.

Message 1 of 53 (5,517 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @StapleMaster I can't say I have come across this issue. Is it people on your team you are seeing it with or other users?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 53 (5,478 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This happens so frequently in this game it's unreal...and yet EA doesn't give us an option to report it. We can only report whilst we are mid-game.

I want to be able to report a leaver after the match, because I do actually endeavor to play the game when someone D/C's (whether this is because the leader hasn't gone their chosen location, or someone has taken their 'Main') I'm not going to jeopardize the game even further by bringing up the tab and typing in a report on a player when I'm being attacked.

This is honestly THE worst online experience I've had with any game and it's so frustrating. I just want to play a full match with a full squad who actually want to play as a team and make compromises (cause I seem to be one of the rare people that do!). The game ends as quickly as it started because there's always someone who doesn't give a sh** about anyone else.

I would love an 'Avoid Team-mate' option because I find 70% of my time playing this is just time-wasters who leave when they are downed and don't give the people who are alive a chance.

Message 3 of 53 (5,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

yes, same prob here. 3 times from 5 the game crashed/freezed and drop me out with some "connection prob" message. Plus my team mates dropped out very often.

EA do something with this...or any advice maybe.

Message 4 of 53 (5,372 Views)

★★★ Pro
@StapleMaster Proud to say I'm one of those leavers, left almost every game I played today after I died, want to know why? I lost hope for the human waste I was dumped with before we even left the dropship because of their actions. They either let the timer pass and make me jumpmaster every single time, they solo drop and expect everyone to follow them or they got all the loot, start fights and run away leaving me alone to punch someone with a Peacekeeper etcetera. And what sucks is I hate leavers and want to be everything they aren't but here I am, becoming what I was meant to destroy.

So before coming here to complain about someone not wanting to put up with you just take a look at yourself in the mirror and figure out if it might have been something you did that drove them away because I guarantee you most who are still bothered by leavers don't know they're not very pleasant to be around
Message 5 of 53 (5,350 Views)

★★★★ Guide

they should add the leaver penalty in unranked aswell

Message 6 of 53 (5,302 Views)

Champion

@EA_Darko  You've never come across players leaving in games? May i ask how often you play apex?

As it's been a staple complaint of the player base for a pretty long time now.

I regularly get quitters, i've had to play games solo from the legend selection screen onwards.

When playing with a friend as a duo we regularly never get a third team mate. I won't even start on the amount of players leaving at games start.

I'm pretty sure literally everyone on this forum can share their experiences of these issues.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 53 (5,294 Views)

@StapleMaster It’s not an issue in ranked. It’s not really terrible in non-ranked either. Yeah it happens but not that frequently.

I will admit I leave some non-ranked matches because of a squad mate for different reasons.
1. They are a toxic gamer.
2. They are loot hogs. The degree to which I’ll put up with it depends on how bad they are about it. But if we drop to the same building, i move to another you then come running in and start looting it, 99% chance I’ll just leave the match. If you come running up and grab the syringes from the loot bin I opened.. while you have full health and I’m at half health.. i’ll probably just leave.
4. You’re playing with a buddy. I down 2 from a squad and the third downs me.. you finish off the third then loot all 3 death boxes before reviving me. I’ll leave the match.
5. I get killed next to a respawn. You loot my death box.. i understand looting it when it's necessary or when I won't be able to get to it. Any other time, I’ll leave the match.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 53 (5,261 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@DarthValtrex wrote:

If you come running up and grab the syringes from the loot bin I opened..

Same boat here!

Sometimes with a small backpack I need to decide how much ammo I take or if I keep an upgrgrade to use it for an important weapon later on.

So I have to check my inventory for a second and sort stuff out before I grab the stuff in front of me.

Of course Mr. Toxicteammate runs by, steals the things just in front of me and I am pissed.

I had a number of matches where I was without weapon or ammo at the start because my teammate looted so hard!

Sometimes it feels like I have to play against my teammates for the first 60 seconds!

Message 9 of 53 (5,226 Views)

★★ Guide

and that's usually after they jump solo and then get downed and spam the ping button

Message 10 of 53 (5,196 Views)