Apex Legends VR?

by Kazer13

Original Post

Apex Legends VR?

★★★ Apprentice

Not sure if this has been discussed or not. But I've been playing around on Vr for the past couple days, and have been really, really, really enjoying it.

I've been playing a lot of FPS, mostly Zombie based, and it got me thinking... Could Apex Legends be implemented into VR? I think it probably could. (After all, Skyrim and Fallout were.)

Now, this would take a little bit of work, but it probably would work. 

Just a quick aside to people who are going to say "But what about motion sickness" and "But most VR games you're just a floating VR helmet and hands."

First, personally I've never experienced motion sickness while playing VR (And I use the "walking" locomotion setting, not teleporting) So I think for many people this wouldn't be a problem, and for those who it would be, it's probably just a matter of exposure. Given the right amount of time, they'll adapt to it. (Or just not play it)

And second: Blade and Sorcery. That is all.

One of the biggest things I think Respawn would need to do, is make sure that the Teleportation locomotion option wasn't in the game. I think it would be way OP in a VR BR game, so it would have to be limited to the walking system. (Which personally, I have no problem with.) 

I just really want to see a Leviathan up close in VR, or see what kind of horror Caustic's gas really inflicts. 

I also think a lot of the game mechanics would really compliment a VR setting. So much of Apex is being aware of your surroundings (Which is something VR does excellently.) 

Thoughts on VR for Apex? 

Message 1 of 3 (326 Views)

Re: Apex Legends VR?

@Kazer13 haven't experienced vr and probably dont have the internet connection to run it, but love the idea. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 2 of 3 (281 Views)

Re: Apex Legends VR?

@Kazer13 It really depends on the market potential for VR. I know 8-9 years ago many of the companies who produce slot machines were trying to create 3D visualizations on slots.

No matter how they did it, they ran into two major issues, large portions of the population would get headaches or motion sickness from it. There were those who did not, but there was a large enough majority that 3D video slots were basically abandon by the industry.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 3 (279 Views)