Re: Apex Legends Throwback - Pre-season

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Apex Legends Throwback - Pre-season

top.png

Apex Legends is out for almost a year and I think it's a perfect time to look back.

We had a Pre-season and 3 seasons so there is enough to talk about!
Guns, weapons, skins a lot to talk about so let's dive in! (I'm the jumpmaster)

The Launch of Apex and Pre-Season

The Reveal
Being the third big Battle Royal and released without any announcement or marketing Apex had us all hyped up by the way it was released and how they revealed the game.
The Apex Legends Official Reveal was a blast, with exciting gameplay and a developer insight.

It became very clear from the beginning that this game had a bright future ahead with over 2.5 million players within 24 hours and over 25 million players fighting in the outlands in only a week time Apex legends was dominating the battle royal scene.

Pre-Season

Kings Canyon
This was the map we all came to love and play in in the first two seasons.
With the hot zone/supply ships and high tier loot location, we all knew these locations were high-risk high reward 
I think we can say the most popular locations were: Skulltown, artillery, repulsor and Bunker for caustic mains Wink

1024px-King's_Canyon_map.jpg

The Legends Legends

legends2.png

At launch, we got 8 legends to choose from 6 unlocked for everyone and 2 you had to unlock with Apex Tokens or Coins.

All with there own personality and do you already know them or get to know them:

The First Event

The first event wasn't all that special if we compare them to the events we get now but at least we could get something good.
The event ran between February 13–19, you could earn the Live die Live badge by reviving or respawning a teammate.

Event loot:

Spoiler
The Live Die Live badge:
Badge_Live_Die_Live.png
The Love of the Game (pathfinder) banner for 1100 Apex coins

Love_of_the_Game_Pathfinder.png
 Through the Heart (Longbow) for 1100 Apex Coins
Through_the_Heart_Longbow.png

The new weapon: Havoc

on 29 February the Apex Legends twitter tweeted out a new gun coming to Kings Canyon.
 An energy gun that is compatible with multiple hop-up's with a full auto mode and a charge beam mode.
Did you know the havoc was shown off in the release trailer of Apex Legends?
apex-legends-fusil-assaut-havoc-visuel.png

So I think that's everything up to Season one covered.
Who played from day one and what did you like about Apex that made you stick?
What did you like or dislike about the game and what were your favorite weapons for while Apex was in the Pre-Season.
Thanks for reading and I hope you liked this post taking you back down memory lane.

I remember I liked Apex because it reminded me of The Hunger Games, I fell in love with the game and the community.
I always looked for the R-301 and the longbow as these matched my playstyle with lifeline.
Most of the time I would drop Relay or Swaps for mid to high tier loot but overtime I dropped more at water treatment

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 1 of 4 (426 Views)

★★★ Expert

And never forget the terrible monster that terrorized Apex gamers at launch.

Pre nerfed Wingman! 

Message 2 of 4 (382 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The suns reflection glistening from all the blood of those headshots.

Ahh the good old days.

Message 3 of 4 (366 Views)

Community Manager

This is a very cool write-up. It's been a crazy year! Party hat

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (348 Views)