Re: Apex Legends Swag

by cheatercheater00

Original Post

Apex Legends Swag - Holy crap it's happening?!

[ Edited ]

Hey guys,

Something I've wanted for a LONG time now is some Apex swag. I love this game, and together with the Titanfall universe it has a unique art style that I would love to represent on the street! I love this game and want to show it to people around me so that I can talk about it with them :D

I've been searching online for Apex Legends apparel but all you can find is knockoffs. And who knows whether the quality is that good... most likely isn't, from what I've experienced when ordering stuff like that in the past... I feel like you guys could do some really amazing stuff if you keep the quality at the highest level, like you do with the rest of your project! (well except for typos in promotional materials haha no get a copy editor :/ Standard smile )

Here's the thing: most currently popular online games just don't have a very good art style, or have a very generic art style. Many games are just normal generically dressed people in generic "desolated" towns. Other games are generic WW2 games. Others yet are very low poly and the art is... just not that great. But Apex has a very special, and unique art style, and the concept art is such high quality, it could easily compete with the highest quality comic books and animes. Without a doubt people could easily identify with the art style of the game by wearing the swag in real life! It's like skins for your characters but... some people might be a bit sorry to spend $18 on a skin, "because it's just digital", "it has no worth in the real world", while I'm sure they'll spend $30 on something like a high quality tshirt or $40 for a high quality flat-bill cap. It's physical, stays with you, you can easily make the purchase rational because... everyone needs clothes, so might as well make them cool ones :D

Here's some ideas for stuff that I would personally love:

- Snapback flat bill caps. With a 3D embroidery of the logo, with a print of Wraith, with a print of each of the legends... go wild. Just make sure to give me Wraith! haha. You could put an image of Wraith across the front and bill, put an oversized Apex Legends logo on the bottom of the bill, and Wraith's Ultimate icon on the side of the cap. That would be cool! Go wild with the snapbacks. So many things are possible! Try different colours, styles, prints ... I'm sure people will find their favourites!

- T-shirts, pull-over hoodies, zip-up hoodies, . Same here. Embroidery or full color prints. Motives of legends, cool areas on the map, or favorite weapons (L-Star? Kraber? Mastiff?).

Make sure they're high quality drawings from your artists .... 3D renders don't work as well when printed onto clothes!

The art style in Apex is so amazing, if you guys made some art specifically for that, you could easily end up making a lot of people happy for that!

Of course other stuff would be great as well, such as:

- posters... lots of posters!!! so many posters!!!!

- stickers! Stick Wraith on everything :D

- art book!!!

- a limited run physical "big box" format game. You could make it as big as the standard "big box", e.g. my System Shock 2 box (most older games are this size): 23.5cm x 18.5cm x 4cm... or you could make it huge, like a luxury StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty collector's edition box. That's 35.5cm x 24.5cm x 6cm and it's a really cool construction. When you open it up, it looks like a hangar door is opening up! But it's all out of cardboard. Look here: https://www.engadget.com/2010/07/26/starcraft-2-wings-of-liberty-collectors-edition-hands-on/  ... btw, one thing you might not see on the photo is that the bolts are actually embossed into the paper.. they're "dimpled" out. I bet you could come up with something equally cool for Apex Legends! Of course, you could also make a Steelbook for Apex! I think my favourite steelbook is the one for Interstellar or for Cloud Atlas, and I think Apex art could work well with this kind of high color print! Rather than put a game Bluray in there (because... how would that work with a subscription game) you could put in all the cool Apex music compiled into an album!

- comic books. I think it would be great to read some more actual backstory! Especially if the drawings are by the same people as the concept drawings shown in the game!

- figures! Who wouldn't want his favourite Thicc Boy adorning his desk in a dangerous-looking pose? I know I'd love Wraith on my shelf. Just please give her hair .... Raised eyebrow I think they should be high quality - I think people would rather pay $150 for one very detailed, large figure in an amazing looking dynamic position than $25 each for 6 bad ones! Hell, you could use her pose from the loading screen from before Season 1 :D And don't forget cool stuff like a D.O.C. drone, a gold loot tick, or a flyer sitting on a gold loot box! Wonder if they could make sounds too... you know, the Doom (2016) collector's edition had an amazing figure of a Revenant.. it's super detailed, large, really super cool, and it is even lit!

- ok hear me out ... D.O.C. tamagochi? just an idea... come on, it would be so cute....

- printable season rank badge... if you manage to get a nice rank, you can get a sort of keychain that displays your rank and name... so everyone knows who they're dealing with... hang it up on your backpack's arm strap, on your keys, or where ever... I think that would be cool! Your achievements in the virtual world would be visible on the outside to other people. What's not to love about this?

If you do this though... please, make sure, the product designs are bold and that the art is made by the same people who made the Apex art in the first place. This is the style we want. This is the talent we want to see more of.

If anyone likes this post, please click "me too" below!

Message 1 of 21 (835 Views)

Anyways I think even if people don't have cash to spend on skins etc they might have cash for getting a t-shirt since it's something you actually do need in your real life. So more ways to support the devs Standard smile

Message 2 of 21 (784 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Talking of merch: I could really use some of that Octane stimpack stuff, to get me up in the morning... 

Message 3 of 21 (777 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Great idea, I'd order a few tees and or snapbacks given that art, style and quality of fabrics used are top notch!

Message 4 of 21 (762 Views)

I don't think Respawn or EA would like us to represent Apex in tatty, cheap looking clothes made out of thin fabric with ugly prints.

Message 5 of 21 (730 Views)

Apex socks would be great too, btw Wink

Message 6 of 21 (710 Views)

OK y'all who wants one of Caustic's legendary masks? Prince of Darkness is pretty cool but that gold mask he has in the other legendary skin is also great :D

Message 7 of 21 (678 Views)

★★ Expert

Even mini figures to keep next to your console or setup would be cool, like a stem shot or mini gas canisters! 

Message 8 of 21 (673 Views)

haha damn, yeah that's true!

Message 9 of 21 (668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@cheatercheater00If they fix the netcode by getting it on par with the other games I play then I will buy $100 AC and a shirt or something when they become available.  Until then, nadda!  They were lucky to get the $10 out of me they did.

Message 10 of 21 (659 Views)